Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Question for those with Phil and Ted's twin stroller
Previous  1  2

anon

Post Fri, Dec 05 2008, 8:49 am
DEFINITELY contact the company directly. It's the company that should be backing their products.

normama

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 12:57 pm
I have the orange (discontinued) P&T sport. I looked heavily into the Vibe, cuz I REALLY wanted the option to fold the stroller all in one peice. the sales lady I contacted was AWESOME!!!from (arunningstroller.com- her name's marylin) she convinced me to skip it cuz it's very complicated to fold the vibe with the double seat attached. she said that when the P&T rep came to demo the stroller he had to get down on his hands and knees to fold it. she asked him,"what mom is gonna get down on her knees, in the rain, in a parking lot, with two kids to watch?" and his response was, "if you get used to it it's easier," she said, " but you're the PRO!!"
so she said she didn't recomend it unless you NEVER have to fold it.
I needed to take the stroller with my 10mo old and 2yr old on a plane by myself, and I couldn't imagine trying to do that.
I LOVE my sport. it's easy to fold (w/ 2 hands) and if the seat is on top, it folds in one peice and it's quick to switch.
that said, it's a crummy single stroller, its just the BEST option for compact, in-line doubles
(unless you get the UPPA BABY cuz they just came out with a P&T like attachement but the kid has to face the mom)
the reclines are annoying, like e/o else has said, and it's very back heavy, so it can feel tippy going up curbs and such.
also, the break is a PAIN to set. unless you're wearing comfy shoes, it's a pain. don't even bother in pointy shabbos shoes, it's not gonna lock, ask DH to do I t for you
DOUBLE SEAT, my husband finds it annoying to push cuz he often kicks it cuz it's right at his knees when it's reclined.
and it's NOT LIGHT!!! we had to shlep it up 8 flights ofo steps on shabbos, and OMG it's not light.
DASH_ it's been recalled b/c the "easy fold" button has been unlocking when you hit a bump and it folds with kids in it. so not recommended at this time.
VIBE- super expensive, cool looking, with nice fabrics. but don't get it if you're excited about the "one peice" fold. it's not easy to do.
it does come with some nice additions, the footwell part over the wheel on the front is black plastic, the other models have fabric there which gets dirty and rips. I think the basket is also stronger which is great cuz kid on the bottom tends to kick and rip that too.
CLEANING!!!! the stroller comes in light colors which are great ( I love the camoflauge. my BFF has it in blue camo for her two boys, it's awesome!) but they get dirty super easily. I found it cleans super well with resolve fabric cleaner.

WARRANTY::: they have a 1 yr limited warranty, and now they are no longer with REGAL LAGGER, so you'lll be dealing with P&T themselves, which may be better or worse. who knows. I hope that helps!

Unique

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 1:27 pm
I have the sport and use it as a single and absolutely love it. I'm not sure why most don't use it initially as a single. Sure it's not perfect, but no stroller is. I walk everywhere and it's a pleasure to go with. Yes - it doesn't go from reclining to sitting while the baby is in it, but I just learned to work with it. The basket's not that big, but compared to the other new strollers out there - it's just as big if not bigger. I found that I can go grocery shopping for a small list with it.

anon

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 8:36 pm
Wow, normama, thanks for that detailed response.

Unique, I always thought it was great thinking ahead when ppl got the phil and ted for the first child, having in mind that they don't have to buy another stroller when a second child comes around.

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 9:26 pm
So basically where I live the ONLY double stroller I see is the Phil & Ted's and now that I'm looking into double strollers for myself I know why. In the buildings here there is NO WAY any other easy to push double stroller will fit in the front door of my apartment. In my current apartment when my front door is open it measures 27 inches at the narrowest point. Then I have a narrow front hall which is about 26.75 inches until it opens up into my living room. So I don't have much space to work with.

I am moving about a month after this baby will be born I"yh and my new apartment's front door is about 29.25 inches wide open at the narrowest point. So I still have a double stroller dilemma--as many of the good side-by-side joggers will not fit either.
Also, I have no stairs at all so I'm not worried about bumping a stroller up and down steps and damaging the bottom seat or anything.
Anyhow, all the mothers in my building swear that the Phil and Ted's is the greatest in the world, etc....

I have some questions about it--I'm sorry to "hijack" your thread here:
For the people who have the stroller--how close are your kids in age?
Currently, my almost 18 month old LOVES long stroller rides where he can stretch out--he likes to relax with his feet on the "belly bar" and when we're out for a stroll he can easily nap. It's important to me that both kids in the double stroller will have comfortable seats because as soon as the weather gets warm again and I'm feeling back to myself I need to do some serious walking! Also, on Sundays my husband and I like to take walking trips--walking the bridge, etc. I would really like both kids to be able to have comfortable space. Does anyone have this issue with the stroller? It doesn't look like the kids could sleep comfortably--which I would like to happen when I'm out for a few hours at a time!

ganizzy

Post Fri, Dec 12 2008, 2:37 am
mamacita wrote:
I live in a different country than I bought it in, I'm moving to a third country, and we don't have our proof of purchase 1.5 years later Sad anyway. This is from the store we bought it, maybe we'll get more help from the company directly.

the basket tore from mine within the year and they replaced it. I dont remember sending them the reciept - actually im pretty sure I didnt. do u have the charge on ur cc statements? also if u bought iy on an american express, they guarantee it for another year on top of the warranty.

mamacita

Post Fri, Dec 12 2008, 3:51 am
B"H I contacted Regal Lager and they are IY"H sending the replacement frame to my parents so we can get it when we are visiting them.

My kids are 13mos apart and they are both comfy in the stroller. I wish they could both recline, but like someone else said, no stroller is perfect. I'm actually borrowing a side-by-side stroller since mine is broken, and I love that they can both recline and nap, but it is a PAIN to get in and out of doors, and even going down the sidewalk is hard if there is anyone else trying to use it at the same time, hehe. They sleep sitting up just like they do if I use my single umbrella one. Not ideal, but . . .

I'm so happy my p&t will be back, I've missed it sooooo much! No more getting stuck in the stairwell, no more hitting, a little more kicking though . . . hehe.

sky

Post Fri, Dec 12 2008, 7:59 am
my kids are 18 months apart. You can not recline both seats at the same time. Both my kids can sleep sitting up (in fact ds #1 screams when I recline him in the single - so I guess it is ok like that)

I don't use my stroller for errands but when the weather is decent out we go on long walks to the park and around the lake and both kids are very happy in their strollers and comfortable. the back seat has a slight recline but ds #2 has no problem falling asleep with it upright. I just recline it so his out shouldn't wobble.

I don't think kids could take real naps in this stroller.

yOungM0mmy

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 2:10 pm
My kids are 17 months apart. Both kids sleep fine in the carriage, DS2 is now 1 year old, and only naps between 20 minutes and 1 hour, max, but he actually sleeps better in the bottom seat of the carriage than in his bed!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics