Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Consolation advice for mumbais terror victims siblings?

RichWithNachas

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 10:25 pm
Is there any advice of consolement for the traumatized siblings of the terror victims?
How can we help them cope with their loss which is so shocking .
What words of comfort would you offer to show your empathy?

Tefila

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 10:33 pm
Crying Crying There are no words that we can offer as consolation other then we are so sorry for their loss. And if needed we will try and be there for them. At this point a shoulder to cry on. Keep in mind this was their sibling childhood playmate and companion, whom they shared so much from tears to joy, from childhood antics to adulthood has now gone without even a goodbye.

LibraMommy

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 5:07 pm
I also am at a loss as to how to console. I haven't spoken to any of them yet as I couldn't get my phone calls to go through while they were sitting Shiva.

Isramom8

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 5:59 pm
Tefila wrote:
Crying Crying There are no words that we can offer as consolation other then we are so sorry for their loss. And if needed we will try and be there for them. At this point a shoulder to cry on. Keep in mind this was their sibling childhood playmate and companion, whom they shared so much from tears to joy, from childhood antics to adulthood has now gone without even a goodbye.

Yes, this, and also by encouraging them to talk about their siblings who died. A caring, interested Yiddishe face or voice consoles. Just listen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics