Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Papers, papers, and more papers...

octopus

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 2:19 pm
I know I usually post how much I hate doing my homework. (I am in a Masters program right now.) But I really do hate the paperwork.

I have a midterm paper to write and being on here is soooooooo much more interesting. My problem in life is that I am a master procrastinator (no, I'm not getting my Masters in that subject LOL) and only finish my work when I'm closer to the deadline. I really wish I would feel the push sooner than that. It would help alleviate a lot of self imposed stress in my life.

gryp

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 2:23 pm
Reward yourself?

NativeMom

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 2:26 pm
I absolutely hate writing papers!! I'm not a good writer and they stress me out!! I used to procrastinate but found that if I start the day or two days after it's assigned I can have it done before the deadline and still have time to breathe. Why don't you try working on it a little at a time, do whatever research it is you have to do, take a break, go back to your work, take another break etc.

octopus

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 2:32 pm
well that doesn't help me this time. It's due tomorrow.

chanagital

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 2:32 pm
I also procrastinate... my trick is to write on my calander it is due a week or more before the paper is actually due. That way I procrastinate till the day before... and still get it done on time... so I feed both needs. Most of the time my teachers never minded taking the paper early and they even helped me on papers so I get better grades when I turn it in for real.

NativeMom

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 2:34 pm
can I ask what it is you have to write about?

octopus

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 2:36 pm
"What are some of the psychosocial difficulties that parents of young children with severe disabilities may cope with during their child’s early years?"

NativeMom

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 2:49 pm
can you write about problems they may face during their early years in school? can your whole paper discuss a specific disability? what about cerebral palsy as an example

octopus

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 2:53 pm
I have what to write about now. It just is a major disorganizational shishkabob. Ugh, I must've repeated myself ten thousand times- and I know that's not good. I have to sit and revise, revise, revise.I hate this. hate, hate, hate.

NativeMom

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 3:02 pm
I find it helpful when I have someone else go over my finished paper. Is there anyone that can proof read it?

octopus

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 3:03 pm
I guess I could ask my dh to slog through it. I will be majorly relieved when this course is over.

octopus

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 7:31 pm
okay- and now I have my final paper! blech, blech! and more blech. 12 pages. I think this is torture. I've been glued to my computer for days. I'm sore. I can't wait. In a few days, this semester is OVER. I never have real time to do my homework. The kids are always poorly behaved when I have something major due.

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 8:04 pm
I've always done better work under pressure - otherwise without deadlines nothing would ever get done ...

find the kids a toy that they can only play with when you are writing those long blechy papers ... maybe they'll bother you less and behave more ... maybe

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 8:07 pm
octopus wrote:
"What are some of the psychosocial difficulties that parents of young children with severe disabilities may cope with during their child’s early years?"

parents of children who are master procrastinators have to deal with having no social life because all of their otherwise free time is spent hounding their children (who are unable to manage time efficiently, hence disabled) to complete their homework.

octopus

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 8:25 pm
lol, greenfire and mummiedearest you both made me smile!

mummiedearest: this paper is a parent handbook on a disability of my choice 10-12 pages long.

Greenfire:yup, I left everything to the last minute. Got to feel the kick in my tush to get myself moving, master procrastinator that I am.

manhattanmom

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 8:04 pm
I've had to do so many papers on topics very similar--almost the same, actually...
If it wasn't last minute, I'd offer you some great resources. I just spent the whole term studying the deaf-blind culture and have some great contacts in the field of EI and family planning for children who are deaf-blind.
My semester ends this week too and I still have some major projects to finish--being the major procrastinator that I am and I'm due next week so you'd think that the entire school term I knew I was due the week classes ended so I'd pace myself accordingly--but NOPE!
And here I am.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics