Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken and Potato Recipe?

JuliaB

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 4:04 pm
Does anyone have a good chicken and potato recipe?

canadamom

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 4:08 pm
chicken and potatoes= my easiest supper
slice an onion and potatoes put in the bottom of 9x13 pan
sprinkle barbeque spice and olive oil and mix well till all potatoes are covered
add chicken on top and sprinkle more barbeque spice add 1/2 cup of water to pan and bake tightly covered for 2-3 hours
if you dont have barbeque spice mix salt, garlic powder and paprika

Fabulous

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 4:12 pm
Also very good is Mommy 007's sesame chicken recipe. 1/2 teryaki sauce, half duck sauce. Covered for 45 min. Uncover, remove chicken and put in potatoes and onions (optional) mix with the little fat and sauce that dripped. put chicken back and sesame seeds on chicken, cook for an additional 45 min uncovered. (the potatoes and onions idea I added to her recipe)

Mommish

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 8:08 am
This is a new method I tried that worked really well:
cut up about 7 potatoes into medium dice toss with about 2 Tbsp olive oil & 1 minced onion (optional) in the bottom of a large roaster. Arrange the potatoes around a roasting rack & put whole chicken on rack. Preheat oven to 425 F. Rub the chicken with a mix of kosher salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder & a little more olive oil, (use whatever spices you like-- I use a little coriander and/or allspice, maybe dried rosemary or oregano) Put the whole thing in the oven uncovered for about an hour, mixing the potatoes at least once. When you mix the potatoes add a little sprinkle of salt & any other spices you want. Then see if it needs more (the juices should run clear when you poke the thigh).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey