Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Email I received
Previous  1  2

red sea

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 10:29 am
We're supposed to go on with regular life as my sister pointed out and realize we are in the time of the geula.

Last edited by red sea on Mon, Dec 22 2008, 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 10:33 am
HindaRochel wrote:
Could someone who is Yiddish translate it please?

I sure hope we all are Wink

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 10:34 am
Between my poor Yiddish skills and the quality, I don't even know why I tried to listen. But I'll pass it by dh.

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 10:50 am
I got this email last week:

This is written in the Zohar in Parashat Balak

The Divine Spirit (Hashem) will go and return to Moshe Rabenu for 70 days. At the end of the 70 days, the pain of Am Israel (the Jewish People) will ascend to the Holy King. One Synagogue in the South will be destroyed and lost as well as five true Tzaddikim will be amomgst them dead.

At the end of the 32 days since the murder of the people in that synagogue, Hashem will put on a garment of outrage and Mashiach ben Efraim will spread, like a ram whose horns go upwards.

And the Shofar will blow three times and a tremendous noise will descend on the world from the blowing of the Shofar and the Whole World Will See & Hear.

The Sitra Achara (the impurities) will be completely wiped from the Holy Land and Yishmael will make three wars with Mashiach. Then they will come and bow down to the Master of the Universe in Yerushalayim, and the wars will be in the sixth millennium.
End of the Zohar

The terrorists attacked and murdered the five Kedoshim in Mumbai on Wednesday night, November 26,2008 - Cheshvan 29.

70 days prior to November 26 was September 17, 2008 - the day the Stock Market plunged 449 points and Islamist Militants attacked the US Embassy in Sannaa - The capitol of Yemen.

Thirty Two days after the five Kedoshim were murdered in the Mumbai attacks - is the 8th & Last day of Hanukah.

octopus

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 10:54 am
okay-but who exactly is moshiach ben ephraim (yosef)?

What red sea wrote is right on.
I am trying to improve everyday, but I don't think we are meant to make cheshbonos. Just like no one could've calculated the keitz for yetzias mitzrayim, we cannot fathom H-shem's plan and when the final geulah will come.

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 11:09 am
Ruchel wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:
Could someone who is Yiddish translate it please?

I sure hope we all are Wink

LOL...SPEAKS Yiddish, Speaks Yiddish.

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 11:30 am
I heard about it too ... but was it really said ?!

GAMZu

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 12:12 pm
Listen, we are not supposed to make cheshbonos, but somethings just are there. You hear it, you know it, you connect it.

I think, in any case, if it inspires people to be better and do teshuva, it's worth to post all these cheshbonos, even if they end up being nothing.

Bambamama

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 12:16 pm
In the audio file I posted... the relevant part about India starts at around 1 minute 10 seconds into the file. Not that I speak Yiddish, but I was able to make that out...

Mrs. XYZ

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 12:17 pm
Quote:
I think, in any case, if it inspires people to be better and do teshuva, it's worth to post all these cheshbonos, even if they end up being nothing.

But if it ends up being nothing, it could have a negative affect. like crying wolf. We should be doing teshuva and hoping for moshiach every single day.

gryp

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 12:30 pm
If it's indeed a true story, and it seems it is, I don't think it's crying wolf, even if it doesn't happen. For one thing, Moshiach DOES come closer each day that passes, and secondly there is some kind of concept in Chassidus that the day is marked as special, even if Moshiach didn't CH"V come, but something else remarkable happened on that day, even if we don't know about it, ie. in Shamayim.

I also think that if a Gadol B'Yisroel says something, we should take notice. We can let it or not let it affect us, we can deal with it how we please.

Lastly, the Lubavitcher Rebbe said years back that we should live as if we are in Moshiach's times so that when Moshiach does indeed come, the transition will be smooth, IYH. That's what I know I have to do and any type of reminder is appreciated by me.

GAMZu

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 12:40 pm
Quote:
We should be doing teshuva ... every single day.

And are you? Don't answer, but in general, are people doing teshuva every day as if Moshiach is around the corner? Or do they get inspired and up their mitzvos when they are reminded that Moshiach might be here any time?

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 2:02 pm
Mrs. XYZ wrote:
Quote:

But if it ends up being nothing, it could have a negative affect. like crying wolf. We should be doing teshuva and hoping for moshiach every single day.

Exactly like the many episodes in Jewish history where people made cheshbonos and even had pegged someone or other as moashiach, with tragic results when the so-called moshiach turned out not to be.

Don't quit the day job or sell the house just yet.

sarahd

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 8:23 am
613 wrote:

The terrorists attacked and murdered the five Kedoshim in Mumbai on Wednesday night, November 26,2008 - Cheshvan 29.

There were six kedoshim murdered in Mumbai.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics