Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
CHANUKKAH DOUGHNUT RECIPES????
Previous  1  2

EvenI

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 4:41 am
daamom wrote:
Listen, I start having doughnuts as soon as they start putting them out. Ya know, like 2 months before Chanuka, for some reason...
And jelly filled is my absolute fave! No chocolate or caramel filling for me, please.

I'm exactly the same way! If they weren't incredibly artery-clogging, I would object to their not being available all year round.

poemmom

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 5:50 am
MMMMMMMMMMMM.......Donuts! (in voise of Homer Simpson)

Who has a pareve one you can make using bread machine???

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 6:05 am

esteer

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 9:35 am
blossom are you still interested in the milchig recipe? I can post it for you later if you want

EvenI

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 4:18 am
Do I really need a frying thermometer if I fry donuts in a regular pot, rather than a deep fryer?

daisy

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 12:04 pm
2 pages and not one recipe What

canadamom

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 12:05 pm
I just posted my recipe on the sufganiyot thread..... 8)

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 12:13 pm
lol Nervous speaking of turkey basters ... I actually got a turkey thing I believe it is a syringe that you juice up the inside of the meat ... it has a 3 inch needle - quite scary looking - but looked like a plan for the jelly & custard ... now first I need to find a recipe ... still thinking and searching ... Scratching Head

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 12:17 pm
I wanted to post a picture of the syringe ... omg all I got was "insemination" sites ... don't ask - but they don't go with doughnuts ...

sky

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 12:21 pm
I used a baby medicine syringe to inject custard in my donuts. It worked unbelievable. I hope to try with caramel before chanuka ends.

I made a milchig recipe with leben posted on this site and it was great. there is no reason to mess with yeast doughs and rolling it out and cutting. With this you just dropped in into oil by the spoonfull.

I bought a poultry flavor injector but we toivel plastic and I didn't get a chance to toivel it yet so I don't know it will work but I know what Green means about the scary needle at the end. I wonder if it will work as well as baby medicine syringe.

patriot

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 12:55 pm
I posted a recipe in the cakes, cookies and muffins section a couple of days ago.
I dont know if its THE milchige donuts youre talking about, but they are milchig and absolutely delicious!!!

faigie

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 5:03 pm
does anyone have a donut recipe that goes into a gizmo that plops the donuts out of it striaght into the oil?

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 5:06 pm
oooh sky - that's the one ... with the 3" needle ... my sonny boy toiveled it when he went to daven last week ... time to make the donuts - time to make the donuts ...

Yakira

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 5:07 pm
http://www.juf.org/news/arts.aspx?id=28280

Easy and pareve recipes for minis.

sky

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 5:13 pm
ehyhmommy wrote:
I posted a recipe in the cakes, cookies and muffins section a couple of days ago.
I dont know if its THE milchige donuts youre talking about, but they are milchig and absolutely delicious!!!

If I rememer it was your recipe and it was fantastic. I found something similar in the Quick and Kosher cookbook and combined them a little but most of it was yours. They came out really good. We filled them with custard and coated with a chocolate glaze. Yummy!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus