Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Knowing and ....knowing

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 9:15 pm
spinning off from something I said in tefila's thread on "how have you grown" a while back .....

hamoach sholit al halev....

how many of you find that you have a huge traffic jam leading from your head to your heart?

mali

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 6:03 am
how many of you don't feel that?

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 8:02 am
LOL
what about you mali?

Tefila

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 4:10 pm
Great thread Very Happy

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 5:33 pm
Tefila wrote:
Great thread Very Happy
thanks 8)
well?

TzenaRena

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 6:15 pm
It seems sometimes that the traffic jam is between the heart and "maaseh", in my case. Sad

bashinda

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 6:25 pm
I guess this is somewhat common. I think dwelling on it doesn't help me. I accept that I have this um condition and then try to lchatchila ariber anyway to just go over it and try harder. I have my good days and my challenging days like everyone else. Sometimes though I derive comfort by the thought that the challenging days when I can barely do anything are the days when Hashem is proudest of me when I manage to work hard just to get anything done. Does this make any sense?

greenfire

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 7:03 pm
in tanya is says the brain rules over the heart it means one must think logically not emotionally and act accordingly - obviously that is a goal ... we are human ... and our emotions overpower us

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sun, Jun 24 2007, 12:04 am
reviving 8)

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 7:39 pm
trying again Wink

Tefila

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 11:15 pm
Intellectually we all know usually what the right thing to do is it's the application that is hard at times. ie. I know I should be excercising more and eating less embarrassed so some days I acheive that, but alas fall on the other days Rolling Eyes .

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 11:23 pm
The reason why I said a traffic jam from the head to the hear rather then discuss putting things into action was because I was thinking more of
ways of thought. As in I know I shouldn't be "feeling" this way about such and such and I know I should rather be feeling that way, and I know all this in my head, and intellectually but I can't quite get my heart to agree with my head.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 2:52 am
ah how confusing life is when our hearts tell us one thing and our heads another ... it is so hard for logic to rule albeit it makes sense for it to rule ... but then our hearts take hold of us and we spin out of control ... do we then justify our behaviors in an intellectual fashion ... but my heart told me and my head wouldn't listen or is it my head told me and my heart wouldn't listen ... either way ...

Tefila

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 2:25 pm
Eg ? Like Loving hashem with ones heart and soul at all times? SO as long as we know intellectually the ideal perhaps one day it can penetrate our heart too.................

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 9:29 pm
Quote:
Eg ?

like having bitachon.
you can have an intellectual bitachon but it doesn't always reach the heart

Motek

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 5:26 pm
an article, "Mind Over Heart" by T. Freeman

http://www.chabad.org/library/.....92391

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 4:41 pm
thanks motek Smile
you have any links to articles on traffic jams? Mr. Green

faigie

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 10:07 pm
truly KNOWING can better be expressed as CERTAINTY. beyond a shadow of a doubt, as obvious and as plain as the nose on ones face. perfect faith.

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 10:24 pm
what I mean faigy is, when you do truly know something but you can't get your emotions to agree with what you know to be true.

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sat, Jan 03 2009, 9:04 pm
bumpety bump bump bump 8)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics