Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Question about the cold and computer screen

zissy2004

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 6:25 am
2 questions
1. the weather here is -9. Is it a problem to go out with my 4.5 month old baby?
2. sometimes I watch my sisters wedding video on the computer screen with my son and I have the baby on my lap and I see that she is also watching with great interest. Is it a problem? can it be damaging?

thanks in avance,
Zissy

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 6:56 am
zissy2004 wrote:
2 questions
1. the weather here is -9. Is it a problem to go out with my 4.5 month old baby?
2. sometimes I watch my sisters wedding video on the computer screen with my son and I have the baby on my lap and I see that she is also watching with great interest. Is it a problem? can it be damaging?

thanks in avance,
Zissy

You need to be more specific...

1. What does 'go out' mean? A stroll through the park or to go from your house to the car where there's heat? Personally, if it's -9, I wouldn't want to go out.

2. Problem as far as what? Damaging what? The eyes? The brain? The neshamah?

zissy2004

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 7:57 am
hi, sorry I was in a rush before..

I mean both, I wanted to go to town this morning which would have been a few hours, in and out of stores..

or even to go pick up my son from cheder which is 30 min in all.

and about the computer, I meant for the eyes, I dont think a wedding is bad for the soul Smile

and im also reading imamother alot when she's on my lap so the question was if its bad for the eyes of such a young child.

thanks

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 10:19 am
My baby is six months old and I often let him watch Uncle Moishy when Shimie is watching. I wouldve let him at 4 1/2 months old too, but he wasnt interested yet. I doubt she is really focusing; the images are too blurry and quick for her to follow.

-9 is that Celsius? If it were -9 Farenheit I'd be under the covers... If your baby is bundled up warmly then you can go...

maidale

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 11:04 am
Zissy, as long as she's warmly dressed and in a good sack then there's no problem, if you're still worried about the cold, cover the buggy with a plastic, that should give her some more protection. As for watching, I think here and there is fine, I just wouldn't let it become a regular habit.

GAMZu

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 11:15 am
That's 16 degrees Farenheit. Sure I'd go out with a baby. Unless it feels colder because of winds.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics