Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Your cutest Mishloach Manot ideas
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Aribenj

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 6:41 am
I was wondering which Shalach manos were the cutest ones you've received or sent over the years.

I liked an apple themed one, where they sent me a green apple, apple juice, a mini apple cake and dehydrated apples, and she put the whole thing into a ceramic green apple that had a lid.

I once did a birdcage theme. Well not so much a theme as I got all these little plastic birdcages and filled them to the brim with chocolate and hamentaschen.

Then once I did flowerpots and sent seeds (edible seeds) and water (and a few more things, but I can't remember what)

Last year, I got lazy and made a tea time theme. I bought all these little teacups with a little plate under it at the dollar store, and each one got a tea bag, a bag of sugar, a bag of splenda, and a hamentaschen.

I think although the last one was kind of a cop out, it was the cutest one.

What have you sent/received over the years?

babygirl

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 6:51 am
When I was a teacher I gave out to my students Sunflower Planters. I filled a small planter with chocolate cake and baked it then I crumbled bloomeos for on top. I put the gummy worms hanging out of the sides. I bought silk flowers and stuck a flower in each one and I got little tiny shovels and leaned it against the planter. it came out really cute!

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 7:08 am
I like the one, one year my mother made. A bottle of wine and over the wine she made 2 pockets. In the pockets, she made gingerbread cookies, one decorated like haman and the other like mordechai. On the pocket, she wrote the pasuk on how to drink until you can't tell the difference between the 2. Short, sweet, and to the point.

Aribenj

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 1:15 pm
Bump.

No one else???

cl

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 3:20 pm
I got a breakfast theme which I loved, cute cheap cereal bowl and matching egg cup with mini cereal box and I think mini coffee jar I cant remeber what else was in it but I still have the bowl and egg-cup!

also got a hot drink theme with 2 mugs, coffee, tea bags an prob cookies, again I cnat remember exactly but I still use the mugs!

I have made chip and dip MMs, using disposable plastic divided bowls, with breadstix, veg stix and dip. I think its nice to get something thats not nosh but I dunno what other people thought of it.

this year im dressing my boys as firemen so if u have any ideas for matchin MMs please ket me know Smile

Raisin

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 3:36 pm
cl wrote:
I got a breakfast theme which I loved, cute cheap cereal bowl and matching egg cup with mini cereal box and I think mini coffee jar I cant remeber what else was in it but I still have the bowl and egg-cup!

also got a hot drink theme with 2 mugs, coffee, tea bags an prob cookies, again I cnat remember exactly but I still use the mugs!

I have made chip and dip MMs, using disposable plastic divided bowls, with breadstix, veg stix and dip. I think its nice to get something thats not nosh but I dunno what other people thought of it.

this year im dressing my boys as firemen so if u have any ideas for matchin MMs please ket me know Smile

waterbottles, red hot candies, everything red or orange. (red orange and yellow jelly beans) hamantashen/cupcakes with orange icing, hot flavoured potatoe chips. wrap it all in orange and red cellophane.

chaylizi

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 3:43 pm
we once made ambulances out of bakery boxes & themed it "revach v'HATZALA yaamod layehudim mimakom acher"

we made big flower cookies on sticks & planted them in craft foam inside a flower pot & covered it with mike n ikes.

we did a cardiology theme (my father is a cardiologist) we got t-shirts that said thoracic park & gave heart shaped pasta & other heart healthy food. & of course brochures for our new theme park.

we dressed up as pirates & made our shalach manos in a treasure chest. edible necklaces & chocolate coins .

we did a breakfast thing & sent cereal, milk, orange juice, fresh muffins & other things I don't remember.

one erev shabbos I cooked up a huge pot of chicken soup & gave everyone containers of soup, lukshen & croutons.

last year was simple. a bottle of sparkly wine & a bar of swiss chocolate.

not a clue what to do this year though.

patriot

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 4:05 pm
this came out looking a lot better than I originally thought it would, last year.

I dressed my two dds as boys in black pants, white shirts, curly peyos, and yarmulkes, and I cut a white sheet out in the shape of a tallis katan and used electric tape to put stripes on it.

for mishloach manos I bought white bags, (gift bag size--not pekelach) and also striped them with the electric tape and tied strings on the corners. everything inside was black and white (little cellophane of chocolate covered marzipan, marshmallows, etc.), and black-n-whites decorated to look like little boys, peeking out.

it looked really good, and my girls were absolutely adorable.

this year I bought monkey costumes right after halloween for a great price. I think illl do a banana package of some sort.

bubby

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 4:05 pm
aribenj, what does "bump" mean? I've seen it a lot & I just can't figure it out embarrassed Scratching Head

Crayon210

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 4:08 pm
"Bump" means a poster is "bumping" up the thread so people will see it again in the newest posts.

canadamom

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 4:12 pm
when my kids were firemen I bought the cheap thin plastic fire hats, and used that as my basket, I also bought red gingham tissue paper to line it, it was really cute!

Dance2it

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 5:47 pm
Last year my kids were dalmations and we did a fireman theme. I once did a coffee theme and found mugs at the dollar store and filled them with milk toffee, and cofee cake. We did an apple theme where DD was little red riding hood.

cl

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 12:35 pm
canadamom n raisn - thx 4 ur fireman MM ideas.
I love the fireman helmet as a basket, I better start looking now n see if I can find it cheap somewhere.

tovarena

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 1:02 pm
cl wrote:
canadamom n raisn - thx 4 ur fireman MM ideas.
I love the fireman helmet as a basket, I better start looking now n see if I can find it cheap somewhere.

Kid's size - $5.99/dozen

Adult size - $8.60/dozen

bebe3

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 6:36 pm
I have done a few things over the years.
-I gave a plastic martini cup put in a mini bottle of gin, an olive on a tooth pick and a note with how to make a maritni
-When my Esther was born, I had to do something my husband could throw together so I did a beer mug, a beer and a bag of peanuts.
-I did a hawaiin theme and made pineapple kugels, pineapple juice and macadamia nuts.
-I made chocolate cakes inside a ice cream cake cup and put a rounded rice kripsy treat on top.
-I did a chinese theme, inside a chinese take out box I made a rice kugel, fortune cookies and a green tea.
-I have done a coffee theme, a mug with instant coffee packets, sugar packets and some brownies.
I can't remember the others. But those are pretty cool.

heffer569

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 7:13 pm
we have done tons of different ones. we got those metal mini shopping carts filled with small paper bag and put in "groceries" mini box cereal pasta candy whatever ud find in a grocery store.
we did a take out theme bought the brown paper take out bags with a handle and take reciepts stapled on and put in take out boxes with sushi and chinese food and green tea and chop sticks and a fortune cookie that we had made up with our purim poem in.
we also did a breakfast theme we gave out a breakfast table u know the kinds with the foldable legs and on it put coffee orange juice bagel, cream cheese milk sugar butter.

tons more but cant remeber right now.

sllyjllybn

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 7:48 pm
I always do fun themes. its always a blast to put them together. here are some:
-ice cream sundays= in a glass sunday cup I layered popcorn and candy and put a scoop of rice crispie treat on top with a straw and a candy cherry
-cookies and milk= on a really cute cookie plate from the dollar store I put chocolate chip cookies and a chocolate milk box
-beach bag= in a beach bag I put a beach ball, a rubber ducky in a swimsuit, and a bunch of nosh in beach themed bags
this year im gonna do it in a cowboy hat I think... fruit leather, lasso candy, beer.... perhaps Very Happy

Beauticianista

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 11:01 am
This past year I had a chinese theme, bought a sushi serving set in black and red then made rumballs in the shape of sushi (covered in coconuts for the "rice" and red icing for the "salmon"), bought some chocolate covered coffee beans, made some melt-in-mouth cookies sprinkled with black and red icing and arranged those in the chinese plates that came with the sushi set. Then I bought kosher sake (rice wine) and something that was like a little tree stalk that twirled (sorry, dont know what it's called) and had leaves and set it all up on the tray part of the sushi set. It was hard work...I might have a pic somewhere at home

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 11:09 am
The year I was pregnant (in my 7th month), DH wore sweatpants and a tshirt and his terry robe over that and I wore a tshirt and a long denim skirt with my terry robe over it. I made pancakes and an apple-strawberry compote and gave that out with a small cup of maple syrup, an individual pat of butter and a bag of choko (chocolate milk).

Everyone who received it were so thankful, since they were hungry and not in the mood for the nosh that most other people give out and it was too early for Seudah.

Mrs.K

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 11:22 am
At the risk of someone being able to identify me....

Last year we did an indigestion sort of theme.

We gave out Cholent, Tums, Pop Rocks, Fire Poppers, and a gumball called 'blow up'
with a humorous poem about the um....common stomach problems on Purim.

It was kinda gross but it was very "us". Everyone we delivered too started laughing and said, "this is so typical of you guys." embarrassed

Obviously I wouldn't recommend this theme to anyone else.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics