Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Seeking Ice cream recipe for ice cream maker

a1mom

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 2:15 pm
Just got one as a gift, I'm eager to try it. does anyone have any good recipes pareve and milchigs

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 2:48 pm
don't they usually come with a booklet of recipes to try ...

greeneyes

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 7:14 pm
Mine comes with a booklet of recipes.

Here are 2 that I've tried: (I assume you can use these recipes with any machine, just make sure to read the directions.)

Vanilla Ice Cream

1 cup whole milk, well chilled
3/4 c. sugar
2 c. heavy cream, well chilled
1-2 tsp. pure vanila extract to taste

In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer or a whisk to combine the milk & sugar until the sugar is dissolved, about 1-2 minutes on low speed. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla to taste. Turn the machine on, pour mixture into freezer bowl through ingredient spout and let mix until thickened, about 25-30 minutes.

You can add chopped oreos (that's what I did), chocolate chips, nuts, etc during the last 5 minutes of mixing.

Fresh Strawberry Ice cream (Yum!)

1 pint fresh ripe strawberries, stemmed & sliced very thinly
3 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup sugar, divided
1 cup whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract

In a small bowl, combine the strawberries with the lemon juice & 1/3 cup of the sugar; stir gently and allow the strawberries to macerate in the juices for 2 hours.

In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer or whisk, combine the milk and sugar until sugar is dissolved, about 1-2 minutes on low speed. Stir in the heavy cream plus any accumulated juices from the strawberries and vanilla. Turn the machine on, pour mixture into freezer bowl through ingredient spout and let mix until thickened, about 25-30 minutes. Add the sliced berries during the last 5 minutes of freezing.

Have fun! Smile

LaLaLand

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 2:48 pm
Pareve vegan strawberry icecream...the kids were begging for more
1 1/2 cups raw cashews
3/4 cups agave syrup
16 oz frozen strawberries

Blend strawberries until smooth. Add other ingredients. Blend for about 10 more minutes. because strawberries were frozen, add mixture directly to icecream machine.

shnitzel

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 2:52 pm
I just got mine today!!! Planning sorbets and gelatos for shabbos there are tons of recipes online I can post them if they work out Smile But la la land yours definitely won't work here, looks heaven but DH is allergic to nuts.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics