Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Can anyone recommend a good Jewish music CD?
Previous  1  2  3

Ruchel

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 8:09 am
Mimisinger wrote:
Squash wrote:
Ruchel wrote:
[Jewish has no guideline, except not converting I suppose. It's a bit like acting French, or whatever. Just a few stereotypes. There are atheists who act extremely Jewish, a real stereotype, and very frum people that don't fit these stereotypes at all.

Frum on the other hand has clear guidelines and limits.

actually, jewish has MANY guidelines. it's called the Torah. jewish is NOT a culture. it's a religion.

I don't agree. I believe that being Jewish is a culture through and through. How many people eat "Jewish"foods? Is it halacha to eat matzo balls and kugel? How about gefilte fish and chrain? Is Yiddish part of halacha? No, it is just a language that developed that's a cross between hebrew and russian/german? That's culture. There are clothes that represent us, foods, language and of course music. What we have here is a culture, not "just" a religion.

oh yeah, all the very frei yiddish speakers who talk of Jewish stuff all day, much more than I would LOL
I agree they're very Jewish.

sv9506

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 8:10 am
Ruchel - We only have the Schwekey concert CD not the DVD - but we were thinking about getting the DVD because we wanted to see what happened!!

I bet it was a lot of fun though!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 8:26 am
I had this idea that it would be not very lively, but dh dragged me and I LOVED it!!

Mimisinger

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 8:27 am
Ok, I don't know the ages of your kids, but I LOVE Areyeh Kunstler's cd. It's AMAZING! All of the songs are in Hebrew, except for one I think. They're all tehillim or something from davening or tanach. The one in English is about how much we love shabbos. But, it's not a kiddie cd. Being a bt that was veyr involved in music, it was very hard for me to like anything Jewish Smile but this cd sounds like a secular band but all the words are kodesh.,

Akeres Habayis

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 11:56 pm
go to the website chosidmom mentioned.I went there and listened to all different types.its great,u can listen before going out to buy!
I like chassidic niggum of all chassidc groups.
the one I suggest listening to is shabbos tisch in sefirah,or chassidish otzros vol3.(both of these are acapella)
mordechai ben dovid is always good.

charna

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 6:45 pm
I love isreali music I think chaim yisorel and gad elbaz are great
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics