Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
A Detailed Potato Kuggel Recipe Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaase!!!!
Previous  1  2

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 1:01 pm
Is use the basic potato kugel from Spice and Spirit. It's easy and delicious.

tziganka

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 2:40 pm
shoy18 wrote:
no onions definitely helps, so does fresh seltzer, and if you don't have that add boiling water.
a proper blade on the food processor is another big thing

How much seltzer would you add and hich blade do you suggest?

pitzel

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 2:30 am
So I tried the recipe the chef gave me for shabbos, and it basically came out like glue. I fried spoonfuls of the leftovers on Sunday and it made for a great latke...

I must ask him again, I think he left out an ingredient or two - I guess he just wants me to keep buying his...

Maybe I'll try one of the ones posted here. I only have a basic food processor, so I don't have a choice of blades. That could be part of my problem too.

Did anyone ever try a recipe with plain frozen or packaged shredded potatoes? (gasp) I'm always looking to make things easier...and the consistency may be better than glue...

Thanks!

sky

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 11:00 am
dainty diva wrote:
yes, it's true. a huge part of a successful potato kugel IS THE grater, and the best of the best is when it is done by hand w/ a grater. The bosch kugel blade is far better than the braun kugel blade, imo. dh can in an instant say which blade I used.

Danity Diva - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me which bosch blade you use. Do you have to buy a special kugel blade - because I would completely do that in a second.

My bosch has 2 shredding blades:

1 has big wholes on one side and medium wholes on the other

1 has very small wholes that produces a mush.

Which one do you use? My dh will be very grateful to you for the information.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 12:15 pm
How does no onions help? Isn't that the bulk of where the flavor comes from? I like the way it tastes with onions.

sky

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 12:32 pm
I also like the taste of the onions. And the fact that the onions keep it from changing colors.

shmaichul

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 12:39 pm
my dh also must have potato kugel for shabbos or its not shabbos but it has to be fried I ussually make abt 6 potatoes but its always either too salty or not enough... how much do you think I need?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes