Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Asap- recipe for string beans

myfriends715

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:05 am
I want a yummy recipe for fresh string beans.. not the one from kbd thanx

Fabulous

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:09 am
I just made a very simple and delicious one that I made up last night.

I cut off the edges and then cut them in half.

Put them in boiling salted water for about 3-4 minutes. Added them to hot olive oil and fresh minced garlic. Added some soy sauce and sauteed for a little under 10 minutes.

Everyone loved it.

sky

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:24 am
2 very different recipes. One is a cold salad the other is a hot veggie dish.

Recipe 1:

Boil greenbeans until not mushy (about 6 minutes and rinse)

Add
1 avacado diced (optional)
4 - 6 scallions diced (optional)
2 large handfulls dried mango diced (add right before serving)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Dressing:
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 cup italian dressing (store bought or home made)

Serve cold

Recipe 2:
cook 3 lbs green beans until not mushy (about 6 minutes and rinse)

3 cloves crushed garlic
2 T. oil
1 bunch scallions (optional)
1 red pepper
3/4 cup honey
3 T. soy sauce
2 tsp corn starch

saute garlic in oil. Add scallions and red pepper. Stir in honey. Mix corn starch and soy sauce. Add to pan. Cook until thick.

Toss with green beans.

Serve hot.

Can top with 3/4 cup cashews.

kaye

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:26 am
season grean beans and bake for approx 10-15 minutes. saute tons of onions. mix together with soy sauce and more garlic powder.

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:31 am
sautee with onions, a little olive oil, garlic, salt, and at the end add sliced almonds ...

ss321

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:34 am
greenfire wrote:
sautee with onions, a little olive oil, garlic, salt, and at the end add sliced almonds ...

you took the words right out of my mouth greenie

this is quick and easy not a patchke and is def different from the KBD one that lots of ppl make.

elf123

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:34 am
I've tried various string bean recipes, but none of them can compare to this unbelievable easy and delicious one. When you serve it, people will think you used a gourmet spice blend. When I first ate it at my brother and sil's house, and asked for the recipe, they laughed and said it wasn't really a recipe. They gave it to me and I make it all the time. Are you ready?

Cook the stringbeans in boiling water for a short time (depends if you like them crisp or softer, just look at the string bean recipe in KBD if you're unsure how long)
Drain them and either leave a tiny bit of water in the pot with them, or add a drop of olive oil.
Add 1/2 to a whole packet of Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix, (the powder--don't mix with anything else)

Voila!
I know it sounds too good to be true, but trust me, it's delicious. I call it my secret recipe. BTW, you can use the Good Seasons with other veggies too...brocolli, cauliflower, etc.

Fabulous

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:44 am
Where can you find that?

elf123

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:48 am
In any supermarket in the salad dressing section. It's not a "heimishe" brand, though (it has an OU) so I can't guarantee that a heimishe supermarket will have it. But all regular stores do.

ss321

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:53 am
elf123 wrote:
In any supermarket in the salad dressing section. It's not a "heimishe" brand, though (it has an OU) so I can't guarantee that a heimishe supermarket will have it. But all regular stores do.

landaus does for sure.
goldbergs never seen it there.
bochners doubt it.
pomegranate 100 percent does
mountain fruit for sure
even the place on kings highway by the new yorksports club has it
shop rite 100%
does that cover the larger supermarkets in Bklyn

LaLaLand

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:54 am
Roast at 500 with salt and olive oil until shriveled and slightly browned.

Tapuzi

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:58 am
I spray the beans with oil, sprinkle on fresh crushed garlic, salt and pepper and roast for 10 minutes on 400, the easiest and always delish

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 12:49 pm
Trim 1 lb. green beans.

Slice thinly and saute one large onion (optionally add sliced red pepper and/or mushrooms.

When soft, add beans and half a cup of water. Bring to boil and then simmer until desired degree of doneness (we like them soft, but many people don't).

Drain remaining water.

Add 4 frozen garlic cubes to beans and cover pot until they soften. Mix and salt to taste.

myfriends715

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 1:05 pm
ok I used a bit form everyone and it came out yummmm ( idont know if I can leave any for shabbos)
I sauteed onions and garlic and added string beans and suateed together 4 a while w/ salt and pepper then I added 1/2 soysouce and 1/2 honey ( mixed) let it saute in pan a bit then put the pan in the oven of 400 for 20 min... its sooo goood

morahaviva

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 12:23 am
Saute thinly sliced onions and pastrami.... cook trimmed string beans in water seasoned with chicken soup mix (or in chicken or beef broth if you have it).... combine! No matter how many lbs of string beans I buy, its NEVER enough - my kids always fight for the last ones!!

shmaichul

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 11:08 am
thanks elf123! I made it for shabbos everyone loved it and it was so super easy!! Thumbs Up
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics