Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How quick are you to answer........

Tefila

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 10:02 pm
So how quick are you to answer No or yes and then reflect, and have a change of heart on any given situation?
Curious to see how many no's before yes'es'.

Also how has it got you in or out of a 'spot'

I will tell you mine and where it has got me after I hear yours Wink

greenfire

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 10:03 pm
I never thought about it ... rarely change an opinion ...

Tefila

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 10:12 pm
So in laymans terms have you ever agreed to do something then found out logistically it does not work, or the opposite way around. In other words have you given an answer before thinking it through well??
Because I have Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Tefila on Sat, Feb 07 2009, 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

yo'ma

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 10:13 pm
Tefila wrote:
In other words have you given an answer before thinking it through well??

To my kids once in awhile and I do change my answer.

Tefila

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 10:18 pm
Ok Keep it coming
I have yet to meet someone who got themselves into t he mess that I got myself into Help

greenfire

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 10:23 pm
I've learned from my kids never to say "yes" cause then if I cannot go or take them somewhere they say I broke a promise ... so maybe I'm just hesitant or quicker to say "no" ...

nu tell us already - I'm curious Twisted Evil

yo'ma

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 10:28 pm
greenfire wrote:
I've learned from my kids never to say "yes" cause then if I cannot go or take them somewhere they say I broke a promise ... so maybe I'm just hesitant or quicker to say "no" ...

My son had an incident this week on Tuesday that punished him from having shabbos party. His brother told him that he'll give him some of his. Well, shabbos came and since they weren't getting along, he changed him mind. I told him that it wasn't very fair. He said, "but I didn't promise, so I could". In the end, his other brother shared some with him.

Raizle

Post Sun, Feb 08 2009, 1:23 am
In general I'm a proponent of think before you speak or answer, however even the best of us slip from time to time

Tefila

Post Sun, Feb 08 2009, 1:28 am
SO I was talking to a women in my home having quite an important conversation when my dd asks me something which I said no, to.
Only tonight did she confront me on it and pleaded with me as to why ( I did not even remember what I said no to) and because of that no she almost missed out on a party Sad

No this is not rare embarrassed

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Feb 08 2009, 2:15 am
This is an old trick, my kids do this all the time.

They ask me if they can do something, go somewhere, buy something etc. while I am engrossed in a conversation, usually on the phone, seemingly they are hoping to get a quick yes, knowing that I can't give much thought to whatever they're asking about. I sometimes nod, as though to say, "I see that you are trying to tell me something, so yes, I notice that, but I'm still talking to someone, so wait." The nod will be invariably translated as a yes, as I later will find out.. Rolling Eyes

Of course, mothers are not allowed to be on the phone, or be otherwise too busy to listen to our kids, didn't you know? Wink

Tefila

Post Sun, Feb 08 2009, 2:18 am
Thanks Tzena good to know I'm half normal Wink

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Feb 08 2009, 2:22 am
LOL

it often backfires with my kids too, because, when I see them about to do whatever it is that I "said yes" to, I learn to cover for myself and give automatic "no's" instead. Or they may get an equally distracted no, like your daughter did..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics