Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Roasted peppers

leel

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 9:54 am
I wanted to roast peppers for shabbos. I was thinking of drizzling some balsamic vinegar and I dont know what else should go with it- any ideas?

bnm

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 10:44 am
oil, garlic, soy sauce

MommyLuv

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 2:24 pm
I add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, crushed garlic cloves and some chopped flatleaf parsley with salt and pepper. It's also really good added to pasta salad or bean salad.

greenfire

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 2:25 pm
what do you do with them after ... serve like a dip or a side dish ?? do you use green or red peppers ??

MommyLuv

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 3:03 pm
like a dip...but it's actually better as an enhancer than a dish unto itself. I added some to chickpea salad and it was mahvelous Smile

MommyLuv

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 3:04 pm
oh greenfire.... I think OP meant red peppers....roasting brings out the sweetness

greenfire

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 5:37 pm
I usually roast green peppers - but I cook with them ...

Mrs Bissli

Post Sat, Feb 14 2009, 5:05 pm
I usually sprinkle salt on red peppers (skin side up, cut side down) before broiling.
Just a small amount of balsamic vinegar and drizzle of olive oil is my base.
I can add chopped parsley right before serving. If you cut them in thin strips, they
will make great garnish for hummous, tehini, baba ganoush etc. We also like them
on salads or in pasta.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes