Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Healthy ice cream recipes and healthy dessert please share

pomegranate

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 8:06 pm
please share a recipe that has little or no sugar and no margarine and little or no fat
like: ice cream. muffins. cookies or other yummy stuff. thank you.
I cannot live without good food so at least try to make it a little healthier.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 8:11 pm
frozen bananas. dip them in melted chocolate or in honey. you can roll them in sprinkles, nuts, crushed candy, whatever. put them on a skewer before freezing.

fruit salad. learn to make them fancy, it'll get gobbled up.

baked apples. you can fill them with granola, raisins, whatever other fun stuff you want.

I did this for pesach last year, it was really good: I found a mandelbrodt recipe that involved margarine. I substituted an equal amount of banana for the margarine. it called for nuts and chocolate chips. I used nuts and diced strawberries. the sugar is still there, but there's no margarine, and the strawberries make it interesting. you can substitute banana for margarine in most baking recipes, but obviously the recipe will taste of banana. it's really cool how the consistence is the same...

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 8:19 pm
Yum frozen grapes.

Yum kahlua drizzled on frozen banana slices! ahhh the memories of when my parents weren't home at night LOL

micki

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 10:38 pm
we made ice cream out of avocados once. was pretty good

COLORFUL

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 4:52 pm
I made muffins with apple sauce and raisns to substitue the sugar. They were really good.

Lani22

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 5:02 pm
I second baked apples. I pour diet dr brown cherry soda over them and bake. The soda becomes thick and syrupy. Really delicious served warm.

Tapuzi

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 6:08 pm
I make strawberry rhubarb compote with Splenda. A bag of frozen strawberries, a bag of frozen rhubarb, cook with a little water (like a cup) uncovered, Splenda to taste, like 1/2 cup to one cup. Cook til all soft and combined, cool down.

greeneyes

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 10:49 am
I like to make baked apples filled with light cherry pie filling. I remove the core from cortland apples, fill with the pie filling & bake at 350 until the apples are soft. Delicious! I believe gefen makes a light cherry pie filling that doesn't have any added sugar.

momto7

Post Thu, Feb 12 2009, 5:52 am
I do the apples without the sauce or the cherry pie. Healthier and simply delicious.
My kids ask for seconds and thirds.

jem

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 7:40 pm
therecipes look yum,I am going to try some!

soulful music

Post Tue, Feb 24 2009, 11:46 am
momto7 wrote:
I do the apples without the sauce or the cherry pie. Healthier and simply delicious.
My kids ask for seconds and thirds.

Sounds good! How do you do it? Core the apple? How long do you bake it,and at what temperature?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics