Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Dole Bagged Cabbage: do you check this and how?

MRN

Post Sat, Feb 04 2006, 8:11 pm
These are the bags with the star-K on them. I can buy either green or red cabbage. My husband says we check the bags of romain lettuce, but not the bags of iceberg lettuce. There are so many vegetables we can't eat anymore, I was hoping we could still eat these....

Also, does anyone have any good recipes for the cabage besides plain old coleslaw????

chen

Post Sat, Feb 04 2006, 9:05 pm
there's stuffed cabbage but of course you have to buy head cabbage, not shredded.
you can throw shredded cabbage into soup.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Feb 04 2006, 9:57 pm
You CAN check the baggy salads, if they're whole leaves or cut up, but not ground up, like for coleslaw.

chavamom

Post Sat, Feb 04 2006, 11:35 pm
There is a recipe for cabbage with craisins and nuts and a sweet and sour dressing that is yum. I think if you look through the 'salads' thread in the recipe section, you'll find it.

chavamom

Post Sat, Feb 04 2006, 11:40 pm
I forgot - there is the 'Chinese' Cole Slaw recipe which is similar, but has broken up pieces of ramen noodles in it. I'll see if I can find recipes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen