Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
What kind of cookies, for pink and white cookies

Seraph

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 10:12 am
What kind of recipe of cookies should I look for to make the cookies for pink and white cookies? What is a plain cookie called? Anyone have a good recipe?

Aidelmom

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 10:19 am
I have agreat recipe which is adapted fom the spice and spirit
3 sticks marg
2 eggs
1 and a 1/2 c sugar
5-6 cups flour
2 scoops vanilla sugar (I don't know what this means)
2 tsp baking powder

ceam marg sugar and eggs. add rest. shape into balls and flatten. Bake at 325 for 15 min. Watch carefully. the cookies should be firm not brown.

skymile

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 12:40 pm
I found a yummy recipe for those and I always use it. I don't want to type it up, cuz it might be copywrite... but you can find it in the Nitra Cookbook with the blue cover under "mini black and white". for the cream- just make a double batch of the white, split it, and add a drop of food coloring...
I once made a ton of those and had green and yellows, pink and purple, blue and red... Very Happy

Seraph

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 12:47 pm
Wow. Can you believe I dont actually own the nitra cookbook, so telling me its in there doesnt help me a drop? And I don't believe its copywrite to share a recipe from a cookbook.

Btw, *gasp* I don't own the spice and spirit cookbook either!

Aidelmom

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 12:50 pm
your welcome.

Seraph

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 1:01 pm
Lol thanks. Sorry for not mentioning that earlier.
3 sticks of marg? How many cookies does that make?

Aidelmom

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 1:12 pm
yeah I don't generally use margarine but for shaloch manos .. anyways it makes over 100 small cookies. I just made them today but in a lemon version with sprinkles 3 tablespoons lemon juice no vanilla sugar. They taste a bit bitter. Prob my fault because I measured with plastic cups.

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 1:42 pm
This is a really good recipe:
Cookies:
2 sticks margarine
2/3 c sugar
2 tsps vanilla sugar
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 C flour
White Icing:
1 C confectioners sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla sugar
2 T boiling water
1 T oil
dash of lemon juice
Pink Icing:
Do a double batch of the white icing and add some red food coloring to half of it
The original recipe is for Black and white cookies so this is the recipe for the chocolate icing:
3/4 C confectioners sugar
2 T boiling water
4 tsps cocoa 3/4 T oil

Cream margarine and sugar. Add vanilla sugar and salt. Add eggs one at a time, while mixing. Add flour and mix until smooth. Add extra flour if necessary. Refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours. (It comes out fine if you don't.) Preheat oven to 350'. Form mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place balls into a lined cookie sheet leaving space between cookies for rising. Flatten balls slightly. Bake for 8-10 min. Cool cookies before adding icing.
Icing: Mix ing for each color icing until smooth. Spread white icing on half of the flat side of each cookie and brown icing on the other half. Allow icing to cool and dry before storing the cookies.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins