Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Help with $ theme

elf123

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 9:46 pm
Okay, so after procrastinating as long as I could I decided to go shopping and see if I would be inspired with a theme. Lo and behold, Idea I came up with one! It's money-related, as in the sinking economy. It's really more for the kids to give out but so far I bought small bags of chocolate coins, rolls of money candy (it's like winkies but bigger) and "100 Grand" Bars (chocolate, non-Chalav Yisrael.) Anyway, that's when I ran out of time/ideas. So I'm relying on all you creative ladies to come up with one or two more money-related things I can put in. I'm even willing to stretch a little and play with words, for instance a donut ("dough") but I'm not in the mood to do those, so any other ideas for a money theme? I'd prefer if they were on the small side b/c not sure what I'm using as a bag yet. Which reminds me, any ideas for that? I went to the 99 cents store and Amazing Savings but came up empty handed. If I have to I'll just use a pretty bag, but I'd love to have something to go along with my theme. I actually thought of piggy banks or just a bank but I couldn't find anything with an opening to put the stuff into.
Okay, I'm waiting....

bubble gum

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 10:27 pm
How about going with a green bag or green stuff- cuz money is green....I remember seeing a post up here where someone did something mint cuz thats where money is printed. since your ok with non-chalav yisroel, nestle has hot cocoa flavor called "rich" chocolate or something like that. you could stick one packet in each. maybe you could find cheap kids purse like at dollar store as the bag?

goodheart

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 10:38 pm
They make a shopping bag with $$$$ on it.
u can also put in fake $$$$$bills.

cookielady

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 10:41 pm
elf123 wrote:
Okay, so after procrastinating as long as I could I decided to go shopping and see if I would be inspired with a theme. Lo and behold, Idea I came up with one! It's money-related, as in the sinking economy. It's really more for the kids to give out but so far I bought small bags of chocolate coins, rolls of money candy (it's like winkies but bigger) and "100 Grand" Bars (chocolate, non-Chalav Yisrael.) Anyway, that's when I ran out of time/ideas. So I'm relying on all you creative ladies to come up with one or two more money-related things I can put in. I'm even willing to stretch a little and play with words, for instance a donut ("dough") but I'm not in the mood to do those, so any other ideas for a money theme? I'd prefer if they were on the small side b/c not sure what I'm using as a bag yet. Which reminds me, any ideas for that? I went to the 99 cents store and Amazing Savings but came up empty handed. If I have to I'll just use a pretty bag, but I'd love to have something to go along with my theme. I actually thought of piggy banks or just a bank but I couldn't find anything with an opening to put the stuff into.
Okay, I'm waiting....

When I suggested a stock market crash theme, my dh said why don't we just have people go to their toilets and flush all there money. As I re read this sentence, I realize that I am tired.
Good luck elf, it sounds good to me.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 10:44 pm
You can buy a treasure chest to place your MM in.

Shalshelet

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 10:56 pm
what about a money bag? Rolling Eyes

if you want to have more than just a dollar sign, you can spoof off of this text on brown paper bags perhaps.
http://www.goantiques.com/scri.....html#

elf123

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 11:17 pm
Thanks everyone!

goodheart wrote:
Where have you seen this?

ra_mom wrote:

Have you seen small ones anywhere?

Shalshelet wrote:
what about a money bag? Rolling Eyes

I want those! But don't think I can get them anywhere. DH works in a bank and when I asked him if they have $ bags, he said, yeah, and they keep them in the same place as the masks and "this is a hold up" notes.... LOL

Shalshelet

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 11:20 pm
how about this?
http://www.koshercandyman.com/......html

elf123

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 11:24 pm
Very cute...a little out of my price range, though (speaking of $!!!!)

octopus

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 11:27 pm
you can put in a bag of chocolate coins.

Shalshelet

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 11:38 pm
elf123 wrote:
Very cute...a little out of my price range, though (speaking of $!!!!)

then why not just use brown paper lunch bags that you marker in a dollar sign?

goodheart

Post Thu, Mar 05 2009, 12:57 am
[quote="elf123"]Thanks everyone!

goodheart wrote:
Where have you seen this?

Eighther in amazing savings or dolllar tree.

tm

Post Thu, Mar 05 2009, 2:24 am
we once did the money theme for dh's boss and in addition to the few money things we just got lots of things in green wrappers and put it in a regular dish wrapped in cellophane with a green ribbon. in israel we found big chocolate bars with special dollar wrappings.
if you go with the mint idea that someone mentioned, they have the paskez mint thins which happen to come in a green box.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 05 2009, 12:12 pm
elf123 wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

Have you seen small ones anywhere?
I haven't seen them, but if you have time to look you can try Shop Wise or Variety Corner.

elf123

Post Thu, Mar 05 2009, 12:33 pm
Sorry, are those in BP?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 05 2009, 12:39 pm
elf123 wrote:
Sorry, are those in BP?

Yes. Shop Wise in on 16th Ave and 44th Street. It's a great store to find accessories that work with your theme to throw in to MM.
Variety Corner has their Purim store on 14th Ave between 44th & 45th. Their regular store (which might have something for you too) is on 14th Ave and 44th Street.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 10:07 pm
I know it's right before Purim... but if you haven'f found anything yet...
I saw these adorable "money" floppy hats for $3.99 at Common Cents, on 13th Avenue and 44th Street in Boro Park. They also have these little satin green bags with gold rope to tie the top, about 4 inches x 5 inches. 2 for $1. You can place choc coins in them, or use them to hold a full small MM.

ss321

Post Mon, Mar 09 2009, 7:25 am
op what about chocolate mint candies (like you know the MINT where $ is printed)? or chocolate coins? those have to do with money.

mommy#1

Post Tue, Mar 10 2009, 5:12 am
my sister's theme is the sinking economy, so she's putting her MM in an empty tissue box! cute, no?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics