Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Cheapest places in NY/NJ area for small chasunah
1  2  Next

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 1:26 pm
What are the cheapest places in the NY/NJ area (could be Brooklyn, Monsey, Lakewood, etc.) to make a chasunah of around 200-250 people?

I know there had been a cheap place in Brooklyn, called Ateres something, but maybe it recently closed down?

What are the per plate prices in places like that or in Bais Feiga in Lakewood?

And what are the minimums?

Thanks.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 2:04 pm
I think you are referring to Ateres Shlomo on New Utrecht Avenue and 78th Street.
They re-opened, but the place is sooo run down. I was shocked when I attended a wedding there a few weeks ago.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 2:17 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I think you are referring to Ateres Shlomo on New Utrecht Avenue and 78th Street.
They re-opened, but the place is sooo run down. I was shocked when I attended a wedding there a few weeks ago.

Yes, that's the one I was referring to. I didn't know they'd reopened.

For what I am investigating the only issues are price and minimums -- of course they would prefer a nicer place, but not at a cost.

Any idea what the per plate cost is at Ateres Shlomo?

Thanks.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 2:25 pm
I think this is their number.
(718) 331 - 6700
I don't know the prices but I think I heard someone say that you can get a wedding there for maybe $35 a couple? Not sure.

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 2:29 pm
They are no longer accpting bookings.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 2:30 pm
If they're no longer accepting bookings what other cheap places (at what price) are there in the NY/NJ area?

Anyone know Bais Faiga's price? Or Torah V'Yirah, etc?

Thanks.

saw50st8

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 2:34 pm
Call Nuta from Meal Mart/LChaim Catering - he knows every place around. He was really helpful when I got married.

http://lchaimcatering.com/

The Atrium and Ateres Charna both have deals if you get married in a short span of time (like 5 weeks). Nuta would know the answers.

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 2:42 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
If they're no longer accepting bookings what other cheap places (at what price) are there in the NY/NJ area?

Anyone know Bais Faiga's price? Or Torah V'Yirah, etc?

Thanks.

I know that Ateres Shlomo and Torah v'Yirah are the cheapest halls in Brooklyn. I would suggest calling Torah V'Yirah.(Don't have the number offhand sorry)

Tova

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 2:45 pm
My information may be outdated, but 8 years ago Bais Faiga's price was $15/person. You can then pay for updates - ie - $1/person for white meat, $1/person for X update at shmorg, etc.

I should mention that I think there was a minimum - like 300 people - but even if you don't anticipate that much it could be cheaper to pay for the minimum price than other options (and give the chassan and kallah the leftover portions to take home and put in the freezer for after sheva berachos!).

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 2:49 pm
Bais Faiga (732) 363-5070
Torah Vyira (718) 686-7778

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 3:03 pm
Thank you everyone.

If anyone has any other ideas, please add them.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 5:09 pm
Ateres Shlomo just signed a lease with what used to be a non-Jewish hall on Coney Island Ave and Ave I, and it is supposed to be ready for February. It is catering to the same type of crowd that it did previously.

sunshine!

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 5:21 pm
There are two smaller places in Lkwd that do weddings: Bais Yaakov and Gissingers. Pm me for more details.

L K

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 10:36 am
If you would do it in what's now considered "a bar mitzvah hall" check out Menorah Hall at 14th Ave & 50th St in BP 347-385-6969 (might be outdated number though)

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 10:46 am
ra_mom wrote:
Bais Faiga (732) 363-5070
Torah Vyira (718) 686-7778

Does anyone have another number for Torah Vyira -- that number seems to be answered by a modem or a fax (though a fax sent to it doesn't go through either)?

SV

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 11:18 am
I also know of a caterer in Monsey who does weddings for cheap at the Yeshiva of Spring Valley (His name is Mr. Adler). I dont have the number but maybe somebody from Monsey can help you.

I also second Bais Yakov in Lakewood. The weddings there I've attended are VERY nice, simple but done well. I know someone who made a very nice wedding there (with some upgrades) for $9,000. Is that too much for what you are looking for?

lovemywig

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 11:24 am
Rose Castle started doing afordable weddings. They are very cheap!

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 11:35 am
SV wrote:
I also know of a caterer in Monsey who does weddings for cheap at the Yeshiva of Spring Valley (His name is Mr. Adler). I dont have the number but maybe somebody from Monsey can help you.

I also second Bais Yakov in Lakewood. The weddings there I've attended are VERY nice, simple but done well. I know someone who made a very nice wedding there (with some upgrades) for $9,000. Is that too much for what you are looking for?

Thank you.

Anyone here have phone numbers for Mr. Adler from Monsey or Bais Yaakov Lakewood?

sky

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 11:36 am
I thought Ateres Shlomo was starting to take bookings for the end of Jan. They are doing renovations.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 11:44 am
sky wrote:
I thought Ateres Shlomo was starting to take bookings for the end of Jan. They are doing renovations.

We just spoke with them. They expect to sign on their new location later this week.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries