Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Fettuccine Alfredo - Kosher by Design

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 4:30 pm
1 (16 oz.) box fettuccine pasta
1 Tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups heavy cream
2 large egg yolks
2 tsp fine sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 pinches ground nutmeg
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta in large pot of boiling heavily salted water until al dente, according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process, and toss with a drop of olive oil to prevent sticking.
While pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and saute for 3 minutes. Add the cream. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes to reduce the cream by one-third.
Removed 1/2 cup of the cream mixture and mix it into the egg yolks to temper them so they do not scramble when you add them into the larger skillet of hot cream. Whisk the tempered yolks into the cream. Turn off the heat and whisk in the Parmesan.
Pour the alfredo sauce over the pasta and toss together with tongs. Serve warm.

Note from Susie Fishbein:
Fettuccine Alfredo is creamy and delicious and really must be served immediately or the sauce will thicken up considerably.When I know that family members will be coming home for dinner at various times, I keep the sauce separate from the pasta and thin it with some milk as it reheats. Once it is smooth and creamy, I toss in the pasta.

curlytop

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 11:59 am
Is this a good recipe ? Anyone Try it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals