Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
A Light For Greytowers- in Israel this Chanuka!
Previous  1  2

Isramom8

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 10:21 am
The new frum women's entertainment seems to be frum women movies. It peobebly saves more money than shlepping an entire cast to various performances. Film once, and then make money on every viewer in frum locations all over the world.

The "chas veshalom men" crashing is a problem of davkanik secular Israelis who would protest this kind of "religious discrimination". They look at it like not letting people with black skin into movies. But it's a matter of a right of religious women to appropriate entertainment, and the right to perform in a kosher manner.

freidasima

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 10:28 am
First of all, secular Israeli davkanikim have better things to do with their davkaism than to protest an all women's night at the movies. They stick to other things, I doubt that it would be a problem.
Second it's really much more likely that a frum but not charedi couple would show up there to see such a movie.
Third, by having it in a place like the Cinematek anywhere you are making a statement which a lot of people will take the wrong way. It would be just as easy to rent a very large auditorium in a frum area and show it there and that would solve the problem.

Ruchel, as for the possibility of keeping negiah and becoming a movie star? Don't kid yourself. Not in the "real" world.
Kashrus, sure, everyone is on nutty diets in Hollywood.
Shabbos? Really really really hard. Possible
Negiah? You couldn't get a part except maybe as the old grandmother in "The little Match girl" remake. And that's a non jewish film...

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 10:29 am
The c'v men made me laugh. The way it was said. Sounds like my charedi aunt, "look in the toilets in case there's a MAN!!!".

The davkaniks will never understand us. Like we will never fully understand them.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 10:33 am
FS maybe not a start, but an actress.
I'm not ashamed to say I did theater for years, and played in a good number of plays. Yes, I said I didn't want a touching role. Yes, it limited me mostly to Ancient and classics. Yes, I once missed a playing because it was on shabbes. I told them I was in vacation. By my fault they cancelled the stuff as I had a pretty important role. Oh well.

Btw I stopped for two reasons, shidduchim (I knew the kind of guy I wanted wouldn't be fine with it hashkafically not halachically) & I didn't like the acting circle. Now, had there been a frum or even just Jewish acting circle in these times... maybe I would still be there.

freidasima

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 8:39 am
Ruchel, that was in France, not in Hollywood!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics