Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
What's your favorite recipe using duck sauce?
1  2  Next

ABC

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 12:04 am
I have a jar of duck sauce left over from a recipe I didn't like.

what are your favorite recipes that use duck sauce? I don't know what else to do with it.

tia

ShiningThrough

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 12:59 am
We use it often for quick, easy, GREAT Shabbos chicken: Pour over chicken, bake 1.5-2 hours uncovered, enjoy!
For variation, you can add onions, ketchup & red wine...
or tamari, dijon mustard and sesame seeds...
totally yummy.

Soph

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 4:46 am
Short ribs!!! made them yesterday they r amazing!!!

First boil 4 packeges of short ribs (its like 25 pieces) with salt and pepper, until soft but not falling of the bone.

Transfer to a pyrex and get rid of the water ( or let cool get rid of the grease and use as meat broth for other recipes)

In a pot:
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
10 oz of duck sauce
7 oz or more of ketchup
onion soup powder (a package...its about 3 or 4 tbsp)
melt a little bit on the stove, mixing with an oiled wodden spoon

pour the sauce over the ribs and place int he oven in 350 for about an hour...or until soft

these are amazing! true crowd pleaser!

tweety99

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 5:26 am
or... if you want a nice salad!

cut up some green cabbage and pour some duck sauce over it then add chomain noodles on the top! and its a yummy salad!

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 5:39 am
When you warm up schnitzels, slice them into strips, put on the plate and pour some duck sauce over it.

A restaurant I was at served baked sweet potatoes that had been diced small, served with chili sauce drizzled over it and chopped peanuts on top. It would probably be really good with the duck sauce as well.

OldYoung

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 6:56 am
Kickin' Chicken from KBD SOT!

Iirc- Mix 2 cups of duck sauce with a packet of taco seasoning, add a few drops of hot sauce to mixture, pour over chicken and bake uncovered at 350 for an hour and a half. I usually make a pot of rice with this too and steam some stir-fry vegetables and pour some of the "gravy" from the baked chicken over both. It is my favorite supper to make because it's so quick and easy, and so yummy!!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 6:57 am
*cut up some dried apricots, add them to the ducksauce, and you have a chutney dipping sauce.
*pour 1-1/4 cups duck sauce over 4 portions of bone-in chicken, bake uncovered at 375 for 1 hour and 30 minutes. delishes!
*make a sauce for sesame chicken using 1/4 cup duck sauce, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 cup sesame seeds.
*make apricot barbeque chicken using 2/3 cup duck sauce, 1/3 cup barbeque sauce, and lots of garlic powder and onion powder mixed in. pour over bone-in chicken and bake at 375 for 1 hour and 30 minutes. also so delicious.
*make kicken' chicken using 1 cup duck sauce mixed with 1/2 a packet Ortega taco spice mix and pour over bone-in chicken

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 7:27 am
gefitle fish.

Kaybee

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 7:48 am
Plain Yummy duck sauce chicken.; pour some ducksauce over the chicken and bake for about 2 hours,. As simple as that!! My favorite Baked chicken.

ABC

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 9:55 am
doesn't the sauce burn if on a chicken baked uncovered?

justmarried

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 2:36 pm
Chicken Cutlets:

Coat the chicken cutlets in flour, duck sauce and breadcrumbs/cornflake crumbs. Fry.

It gives the typical supper a delicious twist.

shanie5

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 8:59 pm
ABC wrote:
doesn't the sauce burn if on a chicken baked uncovered?

it caramelizes-like candy-my kids favorite!!

Boys"R"Us

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 9:28 pm
The 3-minute Sesame Chicken (I think that's what it was called?) that is posted here, on imamother, uses duck sauce and Mikee's Teriyaki sauce - super yummy!

~Debbie

Boys"R"Us

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 9:29 pm
OldYoung wrote:

Iirc- Mix 2 cups of duck sauce with a packet of taco seasoning, add a few drops of hot sauce to mixture, pour over chicken and bake uncovered at 350 for an hour and a half. I usually make a pot of rice with this too and steam some stir-fry vegetables and pour some of the "gravy" from the baked chicken over both. It is my favorite supper to make because it's so quick and easy, and so yummy!!

This sounds great! I will have to try it! I LOVE taco seasoning... use it in a lot of things :-)

~Debbie

elmos

Post Sat, Dec 12 2009, 7:56 pm
OldYoung wrote:

How much chicken is this good for??

ra_mom

Post Sat, Dec 12 2009, 8:00 pm
elmos wrote:
OldYoung wrote:

8 pieces. (2 quartered chickens or 8 chicken bottoms.)
We halve the recipe.

OldYoung

Post Sat, Dec 12 2009, 8:02 pm
elmos wrote:
OldYoung wrote:

The recipe calls for 2 chickens cut into 8ths. I must have recalled correctly, because ramom posted the same recipe, halved. Wink it's really great!!!

ra_mom

Post Sat, Dec 12 2009, 8:12 pm
Oops, you're right OldYoung! The recipe does call for the chicken to be cut into 8, not 4 Smile

Blueberry Muffin

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 1:56 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
gefitle fish.

interesting - do u bake covered or uncovered? for ow long?
anything else ontop?

wispalover

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 3:23 pm
Duck-Sauce Roasted potatoes:

6 potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
1/4 c oil
4 tablespoons duck sauce
4 tablespoon apricot jam
1 tablespoon soy sauce
5 teaspoons garlic powder
5 teaspoons paprika
1.5 teaspoons black pepper

Mix all ingredients together. Spray pam over a 9x13 pan. Pour potatoes in pan and bake at 350 until very browned on top (usually around 1hr) and potatoes are tender.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics