Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Primavera Italian Chicken -KBD based- delicious & 2 min

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 9:44 pm
Primavera Chicken

*4 chicken bottoms, thighs and legs separated
*1 very small zucchini, cut into 1" thick half moons
*1 very small yellow squash zucchini, cut into 1" thick half moons
*1 cup grape tomatoes (half a container)
*1 cup Italian dressing (fat free, low fat, or regular)

Place chicken pieces in a large roasting pan (bigger than 9 x 13). Arrange veggies around the chicken.
Pour dressing over chicken and vegetables.
Bake uncovered, at 350, for 2 hours.

runninglate

Post Tue, Feb 28 2012, 5:41 pm
does it really need a pan bigger than 9 by 13? It doesnt sound like so much... And is the italian dressing home made or store bought?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 28 2012, 5:46 pm
runninglate wrote:
does it really need a pan bigger than 9 by 13? It doesnt sound like so much... And is the italian dressing home made or store bought?
I like to make sure all the chicken skin is exposed so it gets really nice and brown.
But you can totally use a 9x13 pan if that's all you have, and either squish the veggies all around, or allow some of them to be sprinkled on top of the chicken.

I especially love this with store bought fat free Italian dressing. It works best with that.

runninglate

Post Tue, Feb 28 2012, 7:00 pm
thanks!

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Aug 09 2015, 4:48 pm
"Italian dressing" sounds like olive oil, vinegar, and herbs. The herbs would be garlic, black pepper, "Italian spice mix" which would amount to oregano and others. In short, you can make your own if you want to.

If you have a jar of salsa, you are in business. Pour that on and don't worry.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Aug 09 2015, 4:57 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
"Italian dressing" sounds like olive oil, vinegar, and herbs. The herbs would be garlic, black pepper, "Italian spice mix" which would amount to oregano and others. In short, you can make your own if you want to.

If you have a jar of salsa, you are in business. Pour that on and don't worry.

Yea it cost me about $.50 to make a pint of Italian dressing as opposed to a bottle at $2.49+.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Aug 09 2015, 5:08 pm
Yes.

The proportion is half oil, half vinegar. Or, a little less vinegar than oil.

Just fling the spices on hard, don't be shy. I leave out salt because kosher meat has been salted already. Powdered garlic, commercially ground pepper, and bottled lemon juice are all acceptable, well to me, anyway, although I suppose the fresh versions are even better.

OP, if you have any tomato sauces around that can go on, too.

You can even cook with ketchup if you douse it with powdered cumin. I have done this and lived to tell the tale. It sounds horrible but it works.

Mevater

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 2:48 am
When baking chicken, I get so much liquid in the tin from the chicken thats baking, any dressing I put in when I put the ingredients together gets totally drowned in the liquid and overpowered (so what I do is drain the liquid after baking and then I make the sauce before I serve).

This only happens to me?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 2:52 am
In an uncovered chicken dish?

Mevater

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 3:01 am
ra_mom wrote:
In an uncovered chicken dish?

Yes, more often than not. Chicken is done, but swimming in liquid.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 3:06 am
Mevater wrote:
Yes, more often than not. Chicken is done, but swimming in liquid.

Interesting. Do you pat dry the chicken after you clean it and before you put it into the pan?
How many pieces per in how large a pan? In heavy dish, medium disposable or light disposable?

This specific recipe does have a lot of liquid and I love it because the chicken and vegetables sit in it. But it's not swimming in it and most of my chicken dishes that call for sauce don't have that much liquid leftover either.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey