Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Broccoli kugel without creamer or soymilk

pobody's nerfect

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 8:24 pm
I've searched the site, and all the broccoli kugel recipes either have creamer or soymilk, or don't have exact measurements. (a "bag" of broccoli can be a bunch of different sizes! how much mayo? etc!)

Please help! Thanks!

yaelinIN

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 8:50 pm
Are you using a bodek-type bag of broccoli or fresh?

If I made my version of broccoli kugel (for a 9 inch pie crust or 8x8 square pan), I tend to eyeball these measurements...

8-9 oz frozen broccoli (whole florets or chopped) or 3 stalks of fresh (pureed in a food processor)
1 medium onion (baseball size), finely chopped in food processor with or after the broccoli
2-3 heaping tablespoons mayo
4 eggs
around 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
pepper
and if I want to be fancy, cracker or cornflake crumbs on top with a little spray oil to moisten them at the end

Mix all the ingredients together (except the crumbs) in a bowl (or even pulsing it together in the food processor!), then pour into a greased pan or pie crust. Sprinkle the crumbs on top if desired. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until lightly browned on top and not jiggly in the middle.

Hatzlacha -- I cook by eyeballing things but this is my best guess as to real measurements...

Good Shabbos!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 8:54 pm
This one is so easy, and really delicious.
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....ccoli

flowerpower

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 8:55 pm
I make is simple and tasty

Broccoli-2 lb frozen cooked
mayo-lite-not too much-one-two tb
msg free onion soup mix
mushrooms-optional
sauted onions-optional

mash and bake for one hour

kermit the frog

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 3:36 am
3 lbs broccoli or 2 lbs broccoli and 1 lb cauliflower
6 eggs
4 T oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 T flour

chop the broccoli in a food processor. (or cook in boiling water until slightly soft, but not losing color or mushy) combine everything together, pour into a parchment paper lined 9x13 pan. bake 1 hour or until center is firm.

louche

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 6:09 am
The recipes that call for soymilk or creamer can be made with vegetable broth or water. You can also omit the liquid entirely: I find that kugels made from watery veggies like broccoli or spinach tend to be very wet and don't need the liquid anyway.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes