Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Need game for adults

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Dec 14 2009, 1:29 pm
I'm sooo bad at these things! I was never the one in school to come up with ideas.

We are six adults and I need a cute game to play.

Help!

mommy#1

Post Mon, Dec 14 2009, 1:41 pm
my friend is doing s/t real cute-shes asking a lot of questions-for example, if youre the oldest in your family, u get 3 points, if you dont have a dishwasher, you get 10...
everyone keeps track of their points.
then you have prizes wrapped up, and give hints. for example, 1) this is great if youre terrible with driving directions, you really need it (wrap it that it looks the size of a gps)
2) this is great if you go shopping a lot (if you can, wrap it in a freezer sized box)
and other hints.
everyone bids on presents they want, but noone gets it till all presents are given out. then at the end everyone opens up their box, and everyone's is a pen (you need a pen to write down driving directions, you need a pen to write shopping lists...)
its cute and cheap!
I asked my friend if she at least got cute pens, and she told me she got the regular bic ones!!! that you can decide on!!!

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Dec 14 2009, 1:52 pm
cute but I dont have any boxes of assorted sizes

Mrs.K

Post Mon, Dec 14 2009, 2:10 pm
At a work related function, we got a blank bingo board and we had to fill out peoples names into the boxes using work related requirements. For example, we had a list of 10 people to find among us, someone who works past midnight, someone who cooks shabbos on Thursday because of work, someone who has more then 10 email folders, etc. etc. When you found someone with that requirement you can fill their name into your bingo box. Afterward, we played real bingo with it, everyone's names were crumpled up in a big bowl and were picked randomly until someone's board was filled and they had bingo and won a prize.

Last edited by Mrs.K on Mon, Dec 14 2009, 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

imasinger

Post Mon, Dec 14 2009, 2:21 pm
We have a board game called Apples to Apples that is fun for adults, and one could easily make your own cards if you don't have it (ours is a Jewish version).

Make a bunch of cards with all kinds of nouns -- people, places, and things.

Make some different colored cards with adjectives, particularly ones with a Jewish tam.

Each player gets 7 noun cards. There is a pile of adjective cards in the middle. One person is a judge (it rotates). Turn over an adjective card, and each player puts down the noun card that they think best matches the adjective. Once all players have put down a card, the judge picks them up, and the fun begins, as each person kibbitzes for why his or her answer is best. The judge gives the adjective card to the winner, and a new person judges the next round. You can either keep 7 cards in your hand, or make people play with fewer and fewer cards, which makes the analogies get wilder and more funny. In the end, the one with the most adjective cards wins.

prettyone

Post Mon, Dec 14 2009, 2:25 pm
ClaRivka wrote:
I'm sooo bad at these things! I was never the one in school to come up with ideas.

We are six adults and I need a cute game to play.

Help!

pictionary!!!

its a lot of fun even it its not original

Mamish Mama

Post Mon, Dec 14 2009, 2:33 pm
Charades. It's fun and free.

We always split into 2 teams and each person on each team writes down about 5 things to act out. Ex. "President Obama flying in Air Force 1" Then, team one puts their papers in one bowl and team 2 puts thiers in another then the teams swap bowls. Then you draw from the bowl and act out for your team.

Easy, Fun, and free. Especially good if you have some creative and funny writers.

Enjoy!

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Mon, Dec 14 2009, 8:19 pm
See if you can get Scattergories. Its a lot of fun.

NativeMom

Post Mon, Dec 14 2009, 8:27 pm
Have you heard of Quelf? I've played it with family with friends and it's hilarious!!
QUELF!!

shnipsel

Post Mon, Dec 14 2009, 8:37 pm
we always play if & then it comes out real cute!!

mimishkl

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 5:35 pm
At a work related function, we got a blank bingo board and we had to fill out peoples names into the boxes using work related requirements. For example, we had a list of 10 people to find among us, someone who works past midnight, someone who cooks shabbos on Thursday because of work, someone who has more then 10 email folders, etc. etc. When you found someone with that requirement you can fill their name into your bingo box. Afterward, we played real bingo with it, everyone's names were crumpled up in a big bowl and were picked randomly until someone's board was filled and they had bingo and won a prize.

for this game can anyone help me with questions?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics