Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Mil cut dd's nails, I'm so embarrassed

amother

Post Mon, Dec 14 2009, 3:54 pm
Dh took the baby to mil and mil cut her nails. I'm so upset. I feel so incompetent. I hate that superwoman attitude of her's. Like "come here baby, I'll care for you the way it should be done" it's really not right.

Aaaaargh!

be good

Post Mon, Dec 14 2009, 4:08 pm
thats so embarassing and frustrating. I know exactly how you feel.

would you feel better if you would say to mil "thanks do much for cutting dd's nails yesterday! I had just noticed it was time to cut them again, and you beat me to it!"?

I think it would make me feel better to say it because it implies that it wasnt negligence on my part and portrays mil as helpful instead of 'superwoman'.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Mon, Dec 14 2009, 4:14 pm
Obviously there's more here than meets the eye. Although I completely understand feeling frustrated if a mil does something that's stepping on your toes, I'm not sure this is one of those things. Did dh bring the baby to her and say "Dw just can't cut her nails, but I think she needs it. Can you do it?" If not, and she just noticed the baby's nails were long and needed cutting, I don't think she was showing that she's "supermom." My mil gave my baby his first bath, purely because I had no clue what I was doing. I admitted it quite openly to her, and she did it instead for that first time. Sounds to me like a mil trying to help.

canadamom

Post Mon, Dec 14 2009, 4:21 pm
my mil has cut my kids nails when I sent them for shabbos. it also bothered me, especially since it just was an oversight that I didn't cut their nails that week.
on the other hand she was just trying to be helpful, it's very hard to be a mother in law and always do the right thing. if it was your mother that cut the nails would you be as mad? your mother in law was probobly not trying to be malicious, just helpful.

chatz

Post Mon, Dec 14 2009, 4:42 pm
canadamom wrote:
if it was your mother that cut the nails would you be as mad? your mother in law was probobly not trying to be malicious, just helpful.

I think you need to think about it this way.
It also depends what else she says/does.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics