Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Vermox

amother

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 12:24 am
We gave DC Vermox on Thursday nioght. Since then he's stopped screaming at night thankfully. Being as he still needs help wiping after making, I was expecting to see the supposedly dead worms in the toilet, on the toilet paper But haven't. Don't they need to be expelled?

Isramom8

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 1:29 am
No. If they disappear, then the vermox worked, B"H. Lucky you. My kids have required multiple doses. Also, if his tush is no longer red and swollen, the problem is solved. Just give him another dose 10 days after the original, to prevent reinfestation.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 1:33 am
Thanks. It was the first experience with tem so maybe that's why it worked within 24 hours? We never noticed any redness/swelling, etc. It was just crying at night if he had to use the bathroom and then one horrible night of an hour of screaming and furious scratching (through the pjs) at tush and crotch. Dr's visit very next day and now the crying has disappeared so we're just basically going on a lot of assumptions here but we've marked on the calendar about the second dose so we don't forget

Isramom8

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 1:37 am
You can get it from him (I hope not!) so keep alert to any symptoms.

judyoster

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 2:01 am
after giving vermox, you should bathe your child the next morning and cut their nails. (This is what my pediatrician advised me)

Mishie

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 3:54 am
... and wash his PJ's and bedding in hot water...

est

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 7:23 am
You can only see them in a dark room when u shine a bright light up. We were told that all the family should take the two doses at the same time bc sometimes people are carriers with no symptoms and will re-infect. Also wash all the bedding between the two doses.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 10:05 am
est wrote:
You can only see them in a dark room when u shine a bright light up. We were told that all the family should take the two doses at the same time bc sometimes people are carriers with no symptoms and will re-infect. Also wash all the bedding between the two doses.

Well since I'm pregnant and my other kid is under 2, both of which are contraindicated on the instructions, I'm not jumping to take a dose unless I notice any problems.

Isramom8

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 10:07 am
I don't take it when pregnant. The pharmacy carries homeopathic ballies for this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics