Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Wraps?

MommyEsty

Post Wed, Jul 26 2006, 7:42 am
can any one explain how to make a wrap? any kind.
I bought this flat pitta stuff I think its the right thing and I want to make a wrap but I hav no idea how. do u just dump stuff in and close it like a swarma in a lafa sort of thing? and what can you put inside?
anyone??

Tovah

Post Wed, Jul 26 2006, 8:18 am
I make these instead of cholent on shabbos

spread mayo, ketchup and mustard on wrap.
in middle pace 3-4 slices of cold cuts
on top of cold cuts place I romain lettuce

wrap then cut in middle and place tooth pics to hold closed

or.........
add tuna and veg and wrap
or just veg and cheese and put in toster oven

BlumaG

Post Wed, Jul 26 2006, 12:31 pm
refried beans, mash beans with some salt and pepper and oil in a pan add veggies, hot sauce, black olives, sour cream, shredded cheese mmmmmmmmm - bean burritos

tacos, ground meat browned, add some taco flavoring, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, sour supreme mmmmmmmmmmmm

ABC

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 6:00 am
I want to make wraps with hummous and roasted veggies. any advice on extra special way to make it? would you marinate the veggies first? in what? and anything I can include to make it a bit crunchy?

bella

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 6:51 am
My family loves wraps. I make hot ones that are more burrito-type, either fleishig with taco-type fillings, or milchig with vegetarian chili and shredded cheese. I also make cholent wraps with leftovers from Shabbos. I've found that almost anything wrapped in a tortilla is happily eaten, so I can add leftover veggies, as well.

I also make cold ones for Shabbos that are either salads, like tuna or egg salad, or deli. I had several corporate lunches where they had ordered platters of wraps and I thought it was a great idea for Shabbos lunch. They look very fancy on a platter and it's a good way to stretch cold cuts that may be expensive if you just put out a pile of the meat. I add shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, pickles, etc.

For how to actually roll them up, here are a couple of links. Some of my kids have trouble rolling their own when we have what I call a burrito bar, but ultimately, most of it gets into their mouths:-)

http://www.ortega.com/help/tips/wraps.asp
http://video.about.com/busycooks/Burrito.htm

ABC

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 1:53 pm
has anyone ever put chopped liver in a wrap? could that work?

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 1:55 pm
If you like it with bread, it'll probably be good in a wrap.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 1:56 pm
ABC wrote:
has anyone ever put chopped liver in a wrap? could that work?

That sounds yum. Maybe add sauteed onions.

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 7:29 am
BlumaG wrote:
refried beans, mash beans with some salt and pepper and oil in a pan add veggies, hot sauce, black olives, sour cream, shredded cheese mmmmmmmmm - bean burritos

tacos, ground meat browned, add some taco flavoring, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, sour supreme mmmmmmmmmmmm

What are refried beans? I have some kidney and white beans in a can at home. Would those work? And what kind of hot sauce?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals