Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Graphic movie trailer
1  2  Next

Does it bother you that an "R" rated trailer is posted
Yes  
 35%  [ 13 ]
No  
 48%  [ 18 ]
Don't care one way or the other  
 16%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 37

cindy324

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 7:03 pm
Did it make you upset that there was a graphic movie trailer posted on here?

yrs1025

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 7:18 pm
yes and I chose not to look at that post. I don't think a post like that belongs on this site.

Tefila

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 7:54 pm
Yes Exclamation and I actually looked at the synoposis shock

chen

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 9:07 pm
No--the poster gave clear and adequate warning so that anyone with qualms didn't have to see it.

shayna82

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 9:12 pm
I agree with chen

you dont like a certain post, dont read it.

you dont like certain things on the site, dont come here, it sounds rude, but it makes sense dosnt it?

Crayon210

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 10:27 pm
Would it bother people if someone (for good reason, of course) linked a [filthy] site? Would it matter that she had given warning?

shayna82

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 10:35 pm
of cource it would matter if she gave a warning. if you get offended by certain things, then that warning is for that type of person...

not sure what you r getting at crayon?!

Crayon210

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 10:41 pm
If something is inappropriate, then why should a warning make it okay to post for those who don't care about the appropriateness?

Is this "don't look if you're not interested" idea a Jewish one?

Confused

shayna82

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 10:45 pm
look, did she not post it under controversial topics? everyone knows that that "room" is for heated topics that most peopl;e have something to add too. it may not make it right, but its all relative.

maybe for me the bedroom stuff is x rated, cuz you dont know my background or how sheltered I am, and for others this is normal talk?

so this person posted the link, because this is somethign that she found interesting for whatever reason and wanted our opinions. no one is asking if its right or not.

Crayon210

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 10:55 pm
shayna82 wrote:
look, did she not post it under controversial topics? everyone knows that that "room" is for heated topics that most peopl;e have something to add too.

Does "Controversial Topics" make it kosher?

Quote:
it may not make it right, but its all relative.

If it's not right, then what's relative?

Quote:
maybe for me the bedroom stuff is x rated, cuz you dont know my background or how sheltered I am, and for others this is normal talk?

And that's why we generally don't discuss intimate topics (until a moderator locks the threads and edits them Confused).

Quote:
so this person posted the link, because this is somethign that she found interesting for whatever reason and wanted our opinions.

So if I posted a link with something [filthy] because I found it interesting and wanted opinions, would that be okay?

Quote:
no one is asking if its right or not.

That is the topic of the thread, isn't it?

shayna82

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 10:59 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
shayna82 wrote:
look, did she not post it under controversial topics? everyone knows that that "room" is for heated topics that most peopl;e have something to add too.

Does "Controversial Topics" make it kosher?

Quote:
it may not make it right, but its all relative.

If it's not right, then what's relative?

Quote:

And that's why we generally don't discuss intimate topics (until a moderator locks the threads and edits them Confused).

Quote:
so this person posted the link, because this is somethign that she found interesting for whatever reason and wanted our opinions.

So if I posted a link with something [filthy] because I found it interesting and wanted opinions, would that be okay?

Quote:
no one is asking if its right or not.

That is the topic of the thread, isn't it?

starting from the last up, no the topic of the thread is not, IS IT RIGHT OR NOT, its DID IT MAKE YOU UPSET.

and you cant compare [filth]. to a clip of a boy going off the derech with some maybe not appropriate smidges of something innapropriate.

and no, controverisal topics dont make it kosher

Crayon210

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 11:10 pm
Why would someone be upset by it if she didn't think it was wrong? What else would upset her about it?

And I have no idea if [filth] is worse than whatever that ridiculous movie is promoting. Even if it technically is, does that mean that we have to display things just because "it could be worse"? Seeing people involved in permitted physical intimacy is at best frowned upon...

Motek

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 10:30 am
Why not post about the movie, a description, a critique - without the graphic R-rated trailer?

supermom

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 10:39 am
oh boy!!! Sad for yitzchoks sister out there here is a big (((HUG))) you must be feeling awful!!! Why is everyone making such a big deal out of this whole thing?!?!? If the mods don't like it let them remove it but don't make a scene!!! How do you think the poor sister might be feeling right now?!?!? I advise the mods to take out every single thread about this for the sake of sanity!!!

jewgal84

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 11:04 am
Perhaps the mods didn't get to see it, they do have a life Wink !

Yitzchok sister didn't have to advertise who she is. Ifit's a controversional topic, ppl will have opposing opinions.

Tefila

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 11:23 am
Quote:
Ifit's a controversional topic,

Thats why mods can't do anything. Yael could though

supermom

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 12:42 pm
jewgal84 wrote:
Perhaps the mods didn't get to see it, they do have a life Wink !

Yitzchok sister didn't have to advertise who she is. Ifit's a controversional topic, ppl will have opposing opinions.

The fact that she did say something it does mean 1. she doesn't want her brother getting bashed like he is as if she didn't hear enough of it already from her family I suppose 2. The fact that she did say something how much more so you have to be careful as to what everyone says about her brother this is her own flesh and blood we are talking about!!! No matter how much she disagrees with him she still loves him!! I don't think there was even one thread that was expanded so much that it had three threads on it own!! So I ask why this one pecificly?!?!? Especially that his sister is on this forum???

Motek

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 4:40 pm
supermom wrote:
I don't think there was even one thread that was expanded so much that it had three threads on it own!! So I ask why this one pecificly?!?!? Especially that his sister is on this forum???

Why? Because it's the only thread with a rated R trailer.

cindy324

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 5:00 pm
Quote:
Why? Because it's the only thread with a rated R trailer.

actually , according to the motion picture association of America this trailer was rated appropriate for all audiences, which means there aren't any s*x scenes or gory violence.

Far far far from rated R

Motek

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 5:12 pm
I'm going by what YOU wrote. My thread and now this thread wouldn't be necessary if you hadn't written the warning - graphic, rated R Exclamation

your poll in this thread calls it an R-rated trailer!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics