Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Recycling leftovers
1  2  Next

Tefila

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 4:16 pm
Need recipe for leftover cooked gefilte fish, and potatoe kugel.

Otherwise my pooor twins will have our leftovers. Since I will just toss it into blender with some applesauce they don't care.... but I do!

Any other recycling Recipes welcome Very Happy

ForeverYoung

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 4:34 pm
Call them cookaheds and it might change the way you look at them!!! Wink

sarahd

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 4:39 pm
Leftover gefilte fish: Take a bag of mixed vegetables, sauteed onion and celery if you have it, lay on the bottom of a pan (baking or frying), lay the fish on top and douse with tomato sauce. Bake or cook on a low flame. It's not bad, my father loves it and sometimes my mother even makes it as a lechatchila supper.

For potato kugel, we always refry it and it's really good that way. My mother puts it under the broiler and it becomes nice and crispy. You can put gravy over it and improve the taste. I can ask my mother for more ideas. My mother is queen of the cook-ahead.

Tefila

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 4:43 pm
Quote:
My mother is queen of the cook-ahead.

LOL Looking forward to more recipes. Going to try these now. thanks Smile

ForeverYoung

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 5:03 pm
sarahd's mother is the best cook!!!! Exclamation

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 5:37 pm
For the gefilte fish you could dip slices in egg and then matzah meal and fry it like you would schmitzel. It comes out really good.

gryp

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 10:08 pm
leftover chicken- make "recycled chicken salad"

prepare a nice vegetable salad and add cut-up pieces of chicken to it.. tastes great and very filling too...

Tefila

Post Wed, Jan 26 2005, 2:56 pm
Everyone

BasHashem

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 6:25 pm
I discovered 2 great ways to use up extra chicken. We are not big fans of white meat from the chicken, but I often cook it, (who knows what the guests like) so the left over are usually a hared seller.
here are 2 things I do with them (they might be repeats, cuz I didnt read all the posts)

I cut up the peices into small peices and saute them with onions, while that is cooking I boil up some med size egg noodless.....after the chciken and onions have become well acquanited I add in some duck sauce, then mix it with the noodles,,,and the kids love it,,,horay for mommy!

another thing I do is chop onion, potatoe and left over chicken add egg and make cutlatin (laktkas) yummy yummy

BasHashem

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 8:28 pm
hearty eating

supermom

Post Mon, Feb 14 2005, 4:03 am
freilich wrote:
. Since I will just toss it into blender with some applesauce they don't care.... but I do!

No offense but ewww!!!

Tefila

Post Mon, Feb 14 2005, 4:11 am
Super since when was babyfood anything but ewww. But babies love it anyway. And no I didn't mean literally it all together Rolling Eyes that gross I am not Exclamation

supermom

Post Tue, Feb 15 2005, 4:36 am
just making sure. And by the way love the pic

Tefila

Post Tue, Feb 15 2005, 10:26 am
PSSSSSS. Now that is NOT me but my personality shining forth.
And everyone has always told me I can advertise for a toothpaste company coz I have a big smile. Sadly though, that is not the only big thing about me Sad

Pearl

Post Tue, Feb 15 2005, 10:28 am
[quote="freilich"] that is not the only big thing about me Sad[/quote]

I am guessing your heart is huge?!!!

Tefila

Post Tue, Feb 15 2005, 10:31 am
Pnina there is a positive aspect to everything .I guess Very Happy

Pearl

Post Tue, Feb 15 2005, 11:33 am
hey, not trying to be the wise woman here....I am very consious of the way I look at the moment (which is as big as a house!) but my husband said "more pnina to love"...cute, but still..................... Rolling Eyes

mother of 2 princess's

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 1:53 pm
well I just dont cook white chicken anymore because it always get left!!! I just buy the bottom quarters. but I have a really nice recipe for the white chicken. you could make it on shabbos lunch.

you cut up the chicken in little cubes. add mango chutney, curry powder, lemon juice, mayonaise, salt and pepper I think thats all. you make the dressing separatly and then mix it in b4 you want to use it. and then lay it on a bed of lettuce. its very nice

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 2:10 pm
Quote:
but my husband said "more pnina to love"...cute, but still.....................

When I was nine months preg with twins and feeling down looking so big my husband said you are beautiful and radient.
Conclusion: Men are not so bad afterall

supermom

Post Fri, Feb 18 2005, 3:56 am
after pesach seder my mother use to make charosot cake and of course anything that was left from the seder plate. marror included never tasted it chickened out
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen