Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What is the most useful baby accessory/gear
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 9:13 am
I am trying to come up with a registry for when my baby is born IYH, but I am having trouble figuring out what I will need exactly, as there are so many products on the market! What do you find were the most useful things you bought/ gifts people gave you/ things you wish you had?

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 9:14 am
A swing and a snap-and-go.

Atali

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 9:26 am
exersaucer

Marion

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 10:51 am
A lot depends on the baby. Both my boys loved the swing (borrowed). We don't have an exersaucer, though they enjoyed them well enough when we were visiting others. DS#2 enjoyed the bouncy chair my parents had, but we don't have one of those either (maybe with the next one?).

diva

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 11:42 am
pack n play for traveling
good car seat- britax
toy mobile- or the arch that snaps onto anything with hanging toys- my favorite!

saw50st8

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 11:50 am
An Ergo.

For a high chair we use the Stokke Tripp Trapp and LOVE it. It means from the time your baby eats, they eat WITH the family.

Inspired

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 11:50 am
CARRIERS. Ring sling, wrap, and mei tai.

dee's mommy

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 11:51 am
[quote="Inspired"]CARRIERS. Ring sling, wrap, and mei tai.[/quote]

I second this.

athomemom

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 12:07 pm
keeps my kids busy for hours
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.....45350

Marz613

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 12:12 pm
snap n gp, boppy for nursing, basinette or co-sleeper

YALT

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 12:30 pm
saw50st8 wrote:
An Ergo.

For a high chair we use the Stokke Tripp Trapp and LOVE it. It means from the time your baby eats, they eat WITH the family.

Can that recline?

The one I have is the Graco Harmony http://www.gracobaby.com/Searc...../1637
It reclines as well. So for babies like mine that needed to start eating early, it was gr8. If he fell asleep in the highchair, we'd lean it back & he slept.
Somewhere on imamother I did a full review on it.

YALT

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 12:33 pm
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....graco

shabri

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 12:39 pm
if you are in cold weather I love the bundle me (or anything like it). Makes taking the baby out so much easier

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 1:01 pm
Snap n go. It was the best thing we bought.

I find that with other equipment, such as exersaucer, swing, etc... it really depends on your baby. Some babies hate the swing, while they love the jumper etc...

chatz

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 1:15 pm
Diapers

Pacifier

It all really depends on the baby/mommy/floor space...

YALT

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 1:38 pm
I totally agree with diapers & pacifiers! & wipes. & a pacifier clip that WORKS.
my best buys were swing, bundle me, highchair,
Stroller & crib are neccessities.

homesweethome

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 1:44 pm
snap n go
swing
bundle me

mali

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 1:46 pm
Inspired wrote:
CARRIERS. Ring sling, wrap, and mei tai.
Yes

and a car seat, if you own a car

everything else depends on the baby. I didn't need a stroller, an infant seat, a crib/cradle or pacifiers for my last baby. an activity gym did come into good use at one point, but I wouldn't include it in the necessities list.

MommyLuv

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 2:14 pm
the Miracle Blanket, a swing, and baby carriers.

EvenI

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 2:21 pm
The biggest necessity is something for your baby to sleep in. You also need something to transport your baby from place to place. These can be one and the same for the first couple of months, if you get a stroller that has a bassinet. Or you may want to put your baby to sleep in a full size crib immediately so that you start as you mean to go on. Or you may not have room for a full size crib... There are different ways of doing things, to suit different people and different environments.

You might want a baby carrier or wrap. On the other hand, you might feel that you don't have the koach to carry your baby around so much.

Cribs and bassinets need mattresses and sheets. Then, you need something to keep the baby warm. Like blankets, or the equivalent. Baby sleeping bags are a nice alternative that a baby can't be smothered in. If you want to swaddle, you need the right kind of blankets for swaddling.

Think about how you will bathe and change the baby. There are various options and different baths and changing mats. And towels. Some people just put a newborn insert in a regular bath, but that means crouching while holding a newborn. Some people manage fine with their kitchen sink.

You need somewhere to put the baby when awake. Or a choice of places. A bouncer with toys on it can be great. A colorful blanket with interesting things on it for playing on the stomach. A jungle gym type thing for lying on the back.

Do you have somewhere to store the baby's clothes? If not, you might need some kind of new furniture.

You may need a pump, maybe electric, depending on your intentions and needs. You may want a sterilizer, but that's never really essential, I suppose, since you could sterilize in a pot on the stove.

Car seat, especially if you're in a country where they check you have one when you leave the hospital even in a taxi.

A diaper bag.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics