Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
What can I make with Zucchini for Shabbos side dish?
Previous  1  2

geemum

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 8:41 pm
Zucchini in Tomato Sauce.

I found a very good recipe on this site - search for tomato zucchini and it'll come up.

roughly its.
one onion fried, then add sliced zuchhini and fry 15mins
add tomato paste, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and bit of water
cook 5-10mins longer

rainbow

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 8:59 pm
We grow zucchini, tomato, peppers in our backyard and though I'm bored of these dishes I still make them often:
1. zucchini/potato soup:
saute onion til clear, add cubed/cut potato, add cubed/cut zucchini, add some water and salt and if you like black pepper and cook until soft. I usually put three zucchinis per one or two potato, just so that we all get more veggies in that the starchy potato.
2. I fry some onions for a few minutes then add cut zucchini and simmer on low flame, covered, until soft enough to eat.
3. same as #2 above, but I crack open some eggs and stir until cooked. This we often have for breakfast; it is quite filling as it has the protein the fat and the veggie.
4. this we do quite often as well: line baking pan with sliced onions and oil and add sliced zucchini and bake covered for about half hour then uncover for few minutes.

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 9:11 pm
slice green & yellow zucchini, diced onion, several cloves of garlic, sliced romaor grape tomatoes, with some olive oil, salt, black pepper & garlic powder, cook in pan but do not add water and do not let get mushy - totally great hot & cold

rainbow

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 9:35 pm
I make this for Friday night sometimes:
slice onions, zucchini, red pepper, carrots, and I guess whatever other veggie you might like in such a dish. I sometimes add tomato.
Place in baking pan and drizzle oil and salt over it.
Bake covered for half hour, toss around, then uncover for about ten to fifteen minutes, depending how you like it.
We eat it with the fish or with the chicken.

shanie5

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 11:11 pm
zucchini fudge cake

zucchini muffins

zucchini cookies

ok, so they are not side dishes...they are still good.

and dd likes some in the chulent too.

geemum

Post Fri, Jan 01 2010, 4:22 am
rainbow - try using leek instead of onion in your zucchini and potato soup.

You can also boil the zuchhini chunks in water just until cooked, but not longer, then sprinkle with salt and serve (. It's a favourite!

EMmom

Post Fri, Jan 01 2010, 7:56 am
saute onion then add several cans of tomato sauce ,cut zucchini (I cut them so they remain circular), salt, sugar, black pepper.

smileyface

Post Fri, Jan 01 2010, 8:01 am
you an make stuffed zuccini
boil zuccini for 10 min, slice in half and remove pulp
saute onion, shredded carrots, ans sliced mushroom
add the pulp to the other veges and add an egg salt and peeper, then fill the zuccini halves and bake for 20 minutes.

cookiemilk

Post Fri, Jan 01 2010, 1:26 pm
I love zuchini in tomato sauce, I saute alot of onion and garlic and brown the zuchini slices int he same pan. then I DROWN EVERYTHING WITH TOMATO JUICE OR SAUCE AND SIMMER. sorry about the caps lock. I then pour some over orzo next to the chicken dish.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes