Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How do I use my crockpot. Please help

luv2beamother

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 11:39 pm
I made Shabbos recently for a lot of guests and the cholent flopped - actually it didn't cook. I turned it on lo right before Shabbos. I did that cuz my mother suggested that, but she didn't realize I had a diff. crockpot than her.
I have the West Bend cooker,with hi, medium, lo and keep warm. it doesn't have walls all around, just on bottom. So I'm making shabbos again- anybody have this crockpot or one similar? Please tell me how to do it. (I don't feel like making a trial run before) Thanks!!

Tefila

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 12:22 am
Quote:
I have the West Bend cooker,with hi, medium, lo and keep warm. it doesn't have walls all around, just on bottom. So I'm making shabbos again- anybody have this crockpot or one similar?

Hi I have the same brand but I cook it first stove top method and then only before Shabbos I put it on it's electrical element. Confused

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 7:39 am
I don't have the same brand, but I do this, put it on HIGH early friday morning, keep an eye on it to see how long it takes to cook and swich to keep warm before shabbat.

luv2beamother

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 11:43 am
Tefila and mommy 3.5 thanks for the replies. I dont really want to do it in a pot, but I'll try Hi early friday.
But then what do I do once its cooked? put on warm right away? is that not too long for the food to be out- from fri. morn till shab day?

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 6:14 pm
noone has ever died from my cholent! Very Happy

Even on high on the slow cooker, it will be cooking for about 6-8 hours, keep warm, is the 175 degrees, it will keep it safe to eat. Its the same as leaving the cholent on the blech overnight, possibly better IMO! obviously your low setting is too low, if 15 hours in a pot did not cook it through.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen