Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Tiny child, any input?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 11:06 am
Are there any foods to avoid or anything to give to my kid now so he wont be so tiny growing up?

im short, dh is tall, oldest is a girl shes big for her age and youngest is a boy and is teeny tiny. off the graphs. hes 14 months now and is 17.5 lbs. and 27 inches tall. doc said shes not nervous as I am small and petite, hes just gonna be small too. hes in proportion with everything, but hes just small.

but I would liek for him to get all that he could get and in case I am not giving him enough nutritional foods I would like to start, bc maybe it could help....

advice accepted..
tia

amother

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 11:10 am
My dd was tiny till she was 2 kh, then she suddenly started growing.... Now shes 3 and really average.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 11:19 am
Fatty dairy stuff like whole milk, sour cream, cheese......
peanut butter, bamba....
I am not a fan of juice but maybe orange juice

Dd is kah three, she is petite, and was always petite. I find that she did gain a drop when she started going to school with other kids-they tend to eat more when with other kids.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 11:20 am
The most you can do is make sure that he gets enough calcium so that his bones can grow to optimum health and height. And give him high quality fats like avocado, nuts, and olive oil.
Good luck.

saw50st8

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 11:45 am
My niece was tiny and it turned out she was allergic to a bunch of things - wheat, dairy, eggs, fish, soy, nuts and spelt.

Did DS stop growing? My niece hit a patch where she wasn't growing and that was a concern. If he is following a consistent growth pattern, I wouldn't worry.

Marion

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 12:54 pm
As long as the child is continuing to grow & develop (hit milestones) I wouldn't worry. If he shows other signs of being unhealthy then I WOULD worry. Otherwise, some kids are just small. It's not the end of the world.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 1:08 pm
I would never worry if a petite woman has a petite son ... it makes sense ... girls tend to take after their fathers and boys after their mothers ... so long as he is eating and functioning he's okay ...

pobody's nerfect

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 1:27 pm
I have a friend whose nephew wasn't growing- turns out he has celiac disease (inability to digest wheat)

amother

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 1:04 am
interesting, pobody. my ped just mentioned to melast week that there's a lot of celiac showing up in kids who don't seem to have any digestive or weight issyesm but just that they're short.

mikukl

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 12:54 am
My dd is also 14 months weight also about 17 lb. dr. said that she is not that tiny and its not off the chart. As long as she follows her curve line she is fine. By the way nursing babies at that age tend to not gain so much my dr. told me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics