Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken balls

dolphin

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 11:48 am
[color=red]Hi! Does anyone have a good recipe for chicken meat balls or rather chicken balls? Something kid friendle. Thanks![/color]

Love My Babes

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 11:53 am
use ground chicken and add some bread crumbs, 2 eggs, spices and roll into balls. for kid friendly u can use tomato sauce as the sauce. just boil the balls in tomato sauce. I made it last week and my daughter ate them very nicely.

greeneyes

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 11:56 am
I use any meatball recipe & just substitute ground chicken. If you have the KBD Kids in the Kitchen cookbook, the meatball recipe with cranberry sauce & marinara sauce is simple & delicious, & it works out great with ground chicken.

dolphin

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 12:10 pm
Thank you so much for replying!

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 12:29 pm
If you prefer not to use tomato-based sauce, you can boil them in chicken soup (either the real McCoy or from powder/cube). Delish with egg noodles and chicken soup. I also like to add grated carrots for colour.

elmos

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 11:28 pm
I cook my chicken balls in a broth with veg. than add noodles and its a yummy soup and supper in ne bowl.

Boys"R"Us

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 11:42 pm
When you do this (above post)... Do you remove the fat the next day (like for chicken soup)? Or is this just a very fatty soup? I like this idea, cause I think my younger kids would really enjoy it - thanks!

Debbie

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 12:13 am
Mrs. Bissli and elmos, how long do you cook the ground chicken balls in the broth for?
And elmos, what is your method of cooking the meal? Do you make a separate soup, cook the balls in the ready soup, and cook the noodles separately as well? What vegetables do you use?

gold21

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 12:35 am
I second the KBD Kids in the Kitchen meatball recipe with the marinara/cranberry sauce, for use with ground chicken. Its a great recipe.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 12:45 am
gold21 wrote:
I second the KBD Kids in the Kitchen meatball recipe with the marinara/cranberry sauce, for use with ground chicken. Its a great recipe.

Would you be able to type up the recipe?

gold21

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 12:57 am
for you, ra mom, no problem! here goes: its called Meatballs 2 Ways. I am typing one of the ways. Meat recipe: 1 lb ground beef, 1/4 cup flavored dry breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 large egg. Sauce recipe: 1 16 oz can of whole berry cranberry sauce, 1 26 oz jar marinara sauce. Instructions: Cook sauce 5 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Form meatballs. Put into sauce. Lower heat. Cook 40 minutes. (less for chicken balls I believe). Dont forget to stir the sauce occasionally while its cooking.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 1:05 am
gold21 wrote:
for you, ra mom, no problem! here goes: its called Meatballs 2 Ways. I am typing one of the ways. Meat recipe: 1 lb ground beef, 1/4 cup flavored dry breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 large egg. Sauce recipe: 1 16 oz can of whole berry cranberry sauce, 1 26 oz jar marinara sauce. Instructions: Cook sauce 5 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Form meatballs. Put into sauce. Lower heat. Cook 40 minutes. (less for chicken balls I believe). Dont forget to stir the sauce occasionally while its cooking.

Thank you so much gold21!!

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 8:47 am
I make the chicken meatballs on a smaller side (about 1 tbsp) and somewhat flatter so it cooks quickly. Probably about 4-5min in total, if in doubt scoop one up and cut in half to make sure it's not pink inside. I don't skim off fat as chicken mince I get is quite lean. And as for serving with the noodles, I cook noodles in a separate pot before and drain, so the soup doesn't get cloudy.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 11:02 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
I make the chicken meatballs on a smaller side (about 1 tbsp) and somewhat flatter so it cooks quickly. Probably about 4-5min in total, if in doubt scoop one up and cut in half to make sure it's not pink inside. I don't skim off fat as chicken mince I get is quite lean. And as for serving with the noodles, I cook noodles in a separate pot before and drain, so the soup doesn't get cloudy.
Thanks!

gold21

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 11:16 am
just wanted to add that I realized I wrote for the meatball sauce recipe "1 jar whole berry cranberry sauce", but I actually use the jellied cranberry sauce. I have not tried the whole berry version. I assume theyre equally good though for this purpose.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 11:37 am
gold21 wrote:
just wanted to add that I realized I wrote for the meatball sauce recipe "1 jar whole berry cranberry sauce", but I actually use the jellied cranberry sauce. I have not tried the whole berry version. I assume theyre equally good though for this purpose.
TThanks again gold!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 1:07 am
elmos wrote:
I cook my chicken balls in a broth with veg. than add noodles and its a yummy soup and supper in ne bowl.

Elmos, can you tell me how you make this?

Love My Babes

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 1:05 pm
would kids really eat whole berry cranberry sauce? somehow I find that one thing I can see being a picky type of item.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey