Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Reclining high chair

INSPIREME

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 4:35 pm
Which reclining high chair do you recommend?

(I specifically want one that reclines since when the baby starts solids, they can very often not sit up perfectly. I also like the idea of being able to feed a bottle there, etc..)

TIA

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 4:37 pm
I had one for my son. I didn't find it terribly helpful.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 4:37 pm
I have the perego. It's huge, a pain to clean, and expensive. It does recline in a few positions and you can make it lower too.

fiddle

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 4:59 pm
chicco polly, folds amazingly, goes up and down and has a few diff positions for seat to recline.

geemum

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 5:09 pm
I have the peg perego high chair.

CONS
1. hardly ever use the recling feature. its easier to introduce solids holding baby on your lap IME
2. Very hard to clean.
3. Very bulky.
4. Very hard to clean in all the nooks and crannies. Easy to surface clean though

PROS
1. Has a feeding tray on top of the eating tray, so easy to wash, or use one for meat and one for milk.
2. Can be raised and lowered (of sitting or standing while feeding baby, and when child older they can sit at the table when it's lowered a bit.
3. Baby well surported in comfotable chair.
4. Collapses very well for storage.

HTH

Strudel

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 5:45 pm
I have the Fisher Price rain forest high chair.
It was about $80 from Amazon .
DD has slighty low muscle tone so the recline feature is needed, as she would struggle to be upright for too long.
It's very hard to clean, as the cover is soft fabric rather than a plasticy wipe clean one. The only way to get it really clean is in the washing machine.

be a mentch

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 6:02 pm
I have the peg perego prima pappa diner (It comes in a few diff versions, the newest version is als a swing/rocker)

I am relly enjoying it immensely , although it is a bit on the larger side , if you have the space for it ,its a great high chair.

I put my babies in there from 3 months in the reclining position.

Although its not cheap I think its worth the money since it has lasted me through 4 kids and is still in nice condition.

INSPIREME

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 8:18 pm
I am thinking about the Chicco Polly - any negative reviews that I should consider?

TIA

chaylizi

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 8:25 pm
I read a whole bunch of reviews as my high chair was gasping its last this past summer. I heard that if you get a Polly- make sure the pad is vinyl & not fabric. I heard there is a big gap between the tray and the baby. I heard complaints of rollers ruining floors & that it's impossible to clean.

My first high chair was a Fisher Price Healthy Care- gripes included ugly design & no wheels (I got no wheels because the wheel designs tend to lock when they feel like it)

I now have a Graco Blossom. Only gripe is that the part that keeps baby from falling out is attached to the tray and not the chair. The tray is heavy & needs 2 hands & baby must be buckled or s/he will come flying out. Otherwise I love it.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 8:32 pm
I like my evenflo expressions high chair.

stargazer

I have the Graco Contemp high chair. Its great because it folds very flat between uses, reclines easily, easy to clean material, and no spaces for food to get stuck under the fabric. I have no complaints!
Graco Contempo

INSPIREME

I also heard about the gap between tray and child, and the tray is hard to clean, and it is hard for a toddler to sit up properly - Help, I am so confused. What should I buy?

campmommy

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 8:44 pm
I had the Peg Perego when I lived in E"Y and I was really happy with it. We didn't bring it here, but I got the Evenflo, which is not nearly as expensive, does all the same things and am perfectly satisfied.
p.s. please don't give your baby solids before he can sit up supported!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics