Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Gastroenteritis (stomach "bug" ) or flu

amother

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 7:54 am
How to tell the difference? Symptoms are the following: mid. grade fever, vomiting 2x before bed but not through the night, complains stomach hurts, some muscle ache. I'll call the Dr. today anyway but I'd like your feedback. TIA!

amother

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 8:23 am
Fever, headache?

amother

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 9:00 am
yes he has fever and headache

geemum

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 9:28 am
when my son has swine flu, his temperature was rocketing high and came on suddenly. he was very weak and not functioning as he normally does. he didn't vomit so much.

sounds to me (uneducated guess) like the stomach bug.

Israeli Mother

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 6:08 pm
amother wrote:
How to tell the difference? Symptoms are the following: mid. grade fever, vomiting 2x before bed but not through the night, complains stomach hurts, some muscle ache. I'll call the Dr. today anyway but I'd like your feedback. TIA!

I assume you've already spoken to your doctor, but for the future you will know:

Gastroenteritis or food poisoning [most cases of "stomach flu" are really from food] come with only gastro symptoms. Flu can have gastro symptoms but also has upper respiratory symptoms as well like stuffy or runny nose, coughing, etc.

geemum

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 7:00 am
amother wrote:

Just for all us mothers who have kids with simlar symptoms - - - what did ur doctor say? How is you kid feeling?

HooRYou

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 8:07 am
I'm not OP but my DS had almost the exact same symptoms. Good thing I asked the Dr to do a throat culture since he had strep.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics