Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pediatric Dentist-Dr Kroll or Dr Bauer

Rosemarie

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 11:48 pm
Anyone ever used the pediatric dentists at Ezra Medical Center? I am looking for a dentist to start taking my toddler to the dentist. I called them and they told me that these two are their pediatric dentists. Anyone have any experience with either one? Which is better, which one should I request if I use Ezra? Any other good pediatric dentist in BP that take Americhoice?

clew

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 12:22 am
They are both great and very capable. I personally prefer Dr Bauer's personality. I really like Ezra and think it's very well run and organized.

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 9:08 pm
Thanks. It helps to hear from others that they are good. I made an appointment for my daughter for the first time. I feel almost as if I am reaching a milestone. I am so nervous, she is such a scared child. I hope they have lots of patience.

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 9:16 pm
just a thought: I use Ezra Medical Center as well. but would it maybe be worth it to pay out of pocket for a really top notch pediatric dentist, seeing as your child is very young? I am thinking of doing this with my 3 and a half yr old.

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 10:11 pm
gold21 wrote:
just a thought: I use Ezra Medical Center as well. but would it maybe be worth it to pay out of pocket for a really top notch pediatric dentist, seeing as your child is very young? I am thinking of doing this with my 3 and a half yr old.

Exactly why I posted here, to get info about this. Who is a top notch pediatric dentist in BP?
I also wanted to know if those mentioned before, from Ezra are good, very patient with little ones, caring, warm...
If while there I see that my daughter is not managing to handle the situation, or of they don't help us deal with it (I.e. allowing me her to sit on my lap while the exam is done, as my sister says she has done for her kids) then I will just leave and try again elsewhere.

clew

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 10:25 pm
I found both dentists you mentioned and their assistants to be kind and patient.
There is 1 hygienist that worked with the kids that was not - I can't remember her name. (sorry)
I would feel very safe bringing a little one to Mandy Baue.

cbsdbs

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 10:44 pm
If u have americhoice it might be worth it to go to Miamonides Clinic. I take 2 of my kids there and am very happy. They specialize in pediatrics and work with the child to overcome his fear. My oldest has a phobia of the dentist and was told not to come back by 4 other dentists. This place has been great in dealing with him as he needed surgery. As sar as Ezra - they are just as good. I use them for my other kids because they do not have americhoice. They also help the kids overcome their fear.

Rosemarie

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 9:46 pm
Thanks everyone.
I went to Ezra, saw Dr. Kroll, and B"H had a very pleasant experience! Both she and the hygenist were very quick so my daughter didn't have too much time to be scared. They were also gentle. When my daughter got scared of the electric toothbrush, she just switched to a regular one.
I also took along her favorite doll to comfort her, and the book about dentists that we have been reading for that past few weeks ad nauseum! I think that helped too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics