Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Better on shabbes!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jan 15 2010, 7:30 am
Inspired by all the shabbes meals threads!

What is not only good, but actually BETTER on the plata?

I'll start with the obvious:

Chulent
Hamin

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jan 15 2010, 7:48 am
Chicken soup!
Challah

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 6:32 am
If we are not willing to help people make special food on shabbes, we shouldn't criticize them!

nomilessthan

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 11:03 am
yerushalmi kigel

Chickpea

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 11:25 am
Roast chicken, for sure. Actually, EVERYTHING tastes better on Shabbos. I experimented by making and eating my usual Shabbos foods during the week. There's no comparison. Shabbos wins, hands down. I love Shabbos!

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 3:16 pm
I like leaving rice in a foil container on blech--by the time we get home, the bottom becomes golden brown crust. The trick is to smear very small amount of oil at the bottom of foil pan. We don't place on plata but serve at room temp but Moroccan fish definitely taste better after fish absorbs taste of the sauce the day after.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 3:53 pm
Potato kugel that had stayed warm in the cholent till shabbos morning. Gets soft, moist, and heavenly taste.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note