Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Please recommend pediatric orpthopedist, dentist and ENT
Previous  1  2

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 6:26 pm
Sorry but I have great ENT, ortho and dentist here in willy...

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 9:17 pm
Thanks for Echo's number, Hodu. Smile

From Dr. Frances' profile it did seem she is pretty new. There is almost no info about her. The thing is some list their specialties as spinal deformity surgery, scoliosis... others' specialties are developmental and congenital disorders, or treating athletes with special needs, etc.
Does this info really reflect the way they practice? Meaning if I'm going for deformities due to a genetic disorder, would I rather see the one specializing in developmental disorders and cerebral palsy than scoliosis surgery, or does it not matter? Some specialize in surgery, others in non-surgical procedures. Some are specifically listed as pediatric, others write they accept patients of all ages... decisions, decisions. Smile

Next I'll decide on the ENT and dentist. I think I'd rather these be in Brooklyn, but I'll see what works out.

Thank you all!

Hodu Lashem

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 9:27 pm
GAMZu wrote:
Thanks for Echo's number, Hodu. Smile

From Dr. Frances' profile it did seem she is pretty new. There is almost no info about her. The thing is some list their specialties as spinal deformity surgery, scoliosis... others' specialties are developmental and congenital disorders, or treating athletes with special needs, etc.
Does this info really reflect the way they practice? Meaning if I'm going for deformities due to a genetic disorder, would I rather see the one specializing in developmental disorders and cerebral palsy than scoliosis surgery, or does it not matter? Some specialize in surgery, others in non-surgical procedures. Some are specifically listed as pediatric, others write they accept patients of all ages... decisions, decisions. Smile

Next I'll decide on the ENT and dentist. I think I'd rather these be in Brooklyn, but I'll see what works out.

Thank you all!

You're welcome Wink
As far as, choosing according to specialty vs. general vs. pediatric, Echo should be able to help you with that process. Hatzlochoh!

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 9:31 pm
I think it depends. If a doctor specializes in the right thing but is brand new, I would rather go to a more experienced doctor who doesn't specialize in the right area, as long as he has experience with what you need.

I don't know if Dr. Feldman specializes in anything, but I know he's top for pretty much every area of orthopedics. The clinic we use is for club feet and limb lengthening. Maybe it's worth looking into. The doctor is only nasty when he is not successful. LOL
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics