Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Orthodontist accepting medicaid

lubmommy

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 1:02 pm
My son needs an orhtodontist and oral surgeon who accept medicaid (or HIP or Americhoice). Any recommendations?
Someone mentioned that there may be a freeze on orthodontics through medicaid. Please reply if you know anything about this.

Thanks!

Hodu Lashem

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 1:06 pm
Don't know about the freeze, but Dr. Jerry Steinberg in BP is excellent and takes medicaid plans. But sometimes he is not accepting new patients. So I would call to check. You can ask the secretary your question about medicaid, as she is very knowledgable. I think her name is Miriam. 718-435-1818.

lubmommy

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 8:13 pm
Thanks for answering. They said that there is a waiting list to get in as a new patient for medicaid so I'm glad I called early. Your information has been very helpful!

lubmommy

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 8:46 pm
bump

anyone else?

nycgal

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:11 pm
I think there is an Dr Zweinhorn in BP who takes medicaid plans. I dont really know much about him, though.

You can probably look on the Insurance plans website for a listing of Drs in the area.

nycgal

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:15 pm
For an oral surgeon, try Dr Hertz in Flatbush. His number is 718-998-9999. I never used him but I used to work for a DDS's office and we always referred to him. The patients had only good things to say.

lubmommy

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:19 pm
Thanks so much! I will try them all tomorrow.

geshmak

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:56 pm
emmommy wrote:
For an oral surgeon, try Dr Hertz in Flatbush. His number is 718-998-9999. I never used him but I used to work for a DDS's office and we always referred to him. The patients had only good things to say.

Is it Loshon Horah to say that my past experiences with him were REALLY not good? I believe his care has changed in the past few years, not positively.
Good Luck.

losingweight

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 11:16 pm
Dr. zweihorn on 13 ave in bp.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries