Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
West Side Mikvah?
1  2  Next

Yocheved84

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 3:07 pm
Does anyone know about the West Side Mikvah? Is it nice? Any recommendations for a mikvah in Manhattan that is really nice? I heard about one on the East Side but forgot where on the East Side it was.

I was hoping to be anonymous, but see that I can't in this forum! Oh well. :/

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 3:10 pm
http://www.westsidemikvah.com/

Lizie22

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 3:15 pm
The Mikvah on the west side is gorgeous.

Yocheved84

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 3:20 pm
Lizie22 wrote:

Are they nice there? I don't mean this to sound weird, but I'm a newlywed and still somewhat new to Mik and I'm really self-conscious, so I want to make sure I go to a place where I feel comfortable...

Thanks in advance!

debsters1101

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 3:45 pm
Yocheved84 wrote:
Lizie22 wrote:

Are they nice there? I don't mean this to sound weird, but I'm a newlywed and still somewhat new to Mik and I'm really self-conscious, so I want to make sure I go to a place where I feel comfortable...

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it IS gorgeous! And I know the mikvah lady personally. she is seriously, one of the sweetest people I ever met, and a very special person as well. That is definitely the place to go, she is a very calming influence, and if you have any questions or concerns at all, she really considers being the mikvah lady to be her life's work and she is very passionate about it, so you can really ask her anything and not be embarrassed.
It's on 74th and Broadway.

The Mikvah on the Upper East Side is a SPA!!! OMG the west side is gorgeous no doubt but the east side can not be compared with. every bathtub has jaccuzi jets, there is soft music playing, I mean this place is above and beyond. The lady there is very sweet as well, she's young, I like that. though I have only been there twice, and don't know her personally, so I can't vouche (vouge? what is that word??) for her like I can for Yael, on the UWS.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 3:46 pm
How much does the place on the UES cost?

debsters1101

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 3:49 pm
hmmm it was either 25 or 30, I can't remember. definitely not more than 30.

Yocheved84

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 9:45 pm
debsters1101 wrote:
Yocheved84 wrote:
Lizie22 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it IS gorgeous! And I know the mikvah lady personally. she is seriously, one of the sweetest people I ever met, and a very special person as well. That is definitely the place to go, she is a very calming influence, and if you have any questions or concerns at all, she really considers being the mikvah lady to be her life's work and she is very passionate about it, so you can really ask her anything and not be embarrassed.
It's on 74th and Broadway.

The Mikvah on the Upper East Side is a SPA!!! OMG the west side is gorgeous no doubt but the east side can not be compared with. every bathtub has jaccuzi jets, there is soft music playing, I mean this place is above and beyond. The lady there is very sweet as well, she's young, I like that. though I have only been there twice, and don't know her personally, so I can't vouche (vouge? what is that word??) for her like I can for Yael, on the UWS.

Thanks. I'm gonna call her after Sunday. Thanks for putting me at ease. I pass that mik every night but I never see anyone coming in or out and didn't know. Todah Rabah!! Smile

Yocheved84

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 9:48 pm
PS OK, I think I just found that UES one I was thinking about. Here's the link. Anyone know if their mik is open again yet???

http://www.spaofthesoul.org/index.html

debsters1101

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 9:52 pm
haha I was there very veeeeeeeeery recently lol I guess you didn't see me! I don't think I was the only one there. the community isn't that big on the UWS, is it?
that one on the UES looks so cool!! It doesn't say where it is or anything but if you're looking for a really cool spa like experience you can definitely check out the one I went to on the UES... let me dig up a link for you....
http://www.chabaduppereastside......html

Yocheved84

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 9:56 pm
debsters1101 wrote:
haha I was there very veeeeeeeeery recently lol I guess you didn't see me! I don't think I was the only one there. the community isn't that big on the UWS, is it?
that one on the UES looks so cool!! It doesn't say where it is or anything but if you're looking for a really cool spa like experience you can definitely check out the one I went to on the UES... let me dig up a link for you....

Thank you! lol OK, so I guess people do come in/out of that mik. I guess I'm too busy making the Fairway shopping list and not paying enough attention. Yeah--I think we're a smallish community on the UWS!

Tzippora

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 9:59 pm
Yocheved84 wrote:
debsters1101 wrote:

Thank you! lol OK, so I guess people do come in/out of that mik. I guess I'm too busy making the Fairway shopping list and not paying enough attention. Yeah--I think we're a smallish community on the UWS!

We're not THAT small a community! And the one thing I like about the UWS mik is that they are very nice and hands-off. The UES mikvah is pretty (and has heated floors!!!) but I'll continue to use the UWS mikvah for that reason.

And it's all about Fairway Smile

debsters1101

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 10:00 pm
I don't live there, by the by, I live in a part of Queens thats closer to the UWS than it is to Kew Gardens Hills :-)
fun story though the first time I experienced the UES mik was on a friday night!!! ooyoyyyyyy my hubby and I had to walk alllll the way home from manhattan to queens!! we live right over the 59th street bridge... could have been romantic had it not been POURING RAIN!!!! sheesh that is a night I won't forget for a long time!

Tzippora

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 10:14 pm
debsters1101 wrote:
I don't live there, by the by, I live in a part of Queens thats closer to the UWS than it is to Kew Gardens Hills :-)
fun story though the first time I experienced the UES mik was on a friday night!!! ooyoyyyyyy my hubby and I had to walk alllll the way home from manhattan to queens!! we live right over the 59th street bridge... could have been romantic had it not been POURING RAIN!!!! sheesh that is a night I won't forget for a long time!

There are Ortho Jews in Astoria??? Sweet! But not so sweet on the rain.

debsters1101

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 10:15 pm
yes, tzipporah, true. for the first time in my almost 5 years of marriage, I was asked if I wanted to be checked. I've been to mikvahs where they do, and mikvahs where they don't, but I've never been asked!

debsters1101

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 10:16 pm
I don't live in Astoria I live in Woodside :-)
but yes, there are a handful (if that many) Jews in Astoria, and Long Island City as well. Then there's us, we in Sunnyside have got the "biggest" population in this area, with about 10-20 frum families/people

Lani22

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 10:16 pm
I second going to the one on the uws. yael is the best!!

Yocheved84

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 10:18 pm
debsters1101 wrote:
I don't live in Astoria I live in Woodside :-)
but yes, there are a handful (if that many) Jews in Astoria, and Long Island City as well. Then there's us, we in Sunnyside have got the "biggest" population in this area, with about 10-20 frum families/people

My parents lived in Woodside for a bit, and I asked him, "Is there a frum community there?" And then he went on and on about the area and how much he loves and misses it...and that people don't realize that yes, there are Orthos there. Smile

debsters1101

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 10:22 pm
Come on over!!! we are trying to revive the neighborhood a bit. it used to be a nice sized community but people moved out and nobody new moved in. It happens to be a wonderful, family oriented, beautiful, cozy place to live. plus it is SOOO close to... everything. like I said it took me barely a half hour to get to the UWS the other day, taking the subway!! All it's missing is more Jews! we're trying to lure people who live in the city but are sick of paying city rent. rent here is obviously much cheaper.
***Come to the dark side!!! we have cookies!!!!****

Tzippora

Post Sat, Jan 23 2010, 8:26 pm
debsters1101 wrote:
Come on over!!! we are trying to revive the neighborhood a bit. it used to be a nice sized community but people moved out and nobody new moved in. It happens to be a wonderful, family oriented, beautiful, cozy place to live. plus it is SOOO close to... everything. like I said it took me barely a half hour to get to the UWS the other day, taking the subway!! All it's missing is more Jews! we're trying to lure people who live in the city but are sick of paying city rent. rent here is obviously much cheaper.
***Come to the dark side!!! we have cookies!!!!****

Hubby and I are happy in UWS for now, but when we do have kids/get older/want to see trees on a regular basis, we would be interested in a VERY short commute to the city, with a small Jewish community and a bit more room than our one bedroom. If it really is a pleasant place to live as a frum person, we might consider it one day. Are there houses there or is it all apartments? Because it sounds really nice!

For the record, I saw the ads you all were running to pay young couples to move there - if I were at a different stage in my life, we would have taken you up on it!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries