Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Reporting a troll- Official Guidelines

Yael

Post Fri, Jan 22 2010, 6:41 am
I'd like to make official a new rule, which is pretty much self understood without being told, but I will put it in writing just to be sure everyone knows.
If you suspect someone is a troll, please do NOT post about it in the thread, but rather report the post, or the member, or pm or email me, Yael.

I do appreciate when members keep their eyes open for unsavory characters trying to infiltrate Imamother, and there are many trolls I would never have discovered without the help of Imamothers.
However there have also been many times that a legitimate woman was accused publicly of being a troll, and after doing my investigating I came to the conclusion that she is legit and does belong on Imamother. Repairing the damage caused by the public accusation is nearly impossible, and these unjustly accused women have a hard time earning the trust of fellow Imamothers, and for no reason.

So from now on any accusations or suspicions must be reported privately.

lee

Post Sat, Jan 23 2010, 11:59 am
what is a troll? thank you, lee

ChossidMom

Post Sat, Jan 23 2010, 12:34 pm
lee wrote:
what is a troll? thank you, lee

A troll is someone who doesn't belong here (like a man or a teenager or a non Jew...)

Isramom8

Post Sat, Jan 23 2010, 12:44 pm
A teenager can be here if she is or was married , is Jewish, mitzvah-observant and female.

ChossidMom

Post Sat, Jan 23 2010, 12:49 pm
Isramom8 wrote:
A teenager can be here if she is or was married , is Jewish, mitzvah-observant and female.

But of course.... Very Happy
I was kinda picturing a 15 year old giggly or bored girl...

bubby

Post Sat, Jan 23 2010, 1:38 pm
When genuine posters are accused of being trolls, whether in public or private, it hurts. I know.

And FYI, the reason this will come up as if I'm being mechalel Shabbos (& therefore a [gentile]???) is because I'm STILL in Europe...after 7 weeks. I am currently 6 hours ahead EST. Another 1 1/2 before I go home.

LeahW

Post Sat, Jan 23 2010, 1:46 pm
bubby wrote:
When genuine posters are accused of being trolls, whether in public or private, it hurts. I know.

And FYI, the reason this will come up as if I'm being mechalel Shabbos (& therefore a [gentile]???) is because I'm STILL in Europe...after 7 weeks. I am currently 6 hours ahead EST. Another 1 1/2 before I go home.

LOL I guess I'm one of those yentas that looks at the name, then glances at the clock and does the math, because the first thing I thought was "Where is bubby?"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics