Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Fao schwarz or toys-r-us time square?

proud_mama

Post Sun, Jan 24 2010, 1:15 pm
Did anyone go to Fao Schwarz or ToysRUs Time Square recently? Which one is better for kids ages 2-8, I dont want to buy anything, I just need something that the kids will enjoy and not feel like we are in a store and they cant buy anything.
Please, we want to go tomorrow-everyone is off now. Which is better?

aeg770

Post Sun, Jan 24 2010, 1:28 pm
I'm not a mother yet, but a preschool teacher... I've been to both last Tishrei, and IMO Toys 'R Us is a nicest place for the kids... there's the a ferris wheel and the lego sculptures

mltjm

Post Sun, Jan 24 2010, 1:51 pm
I like fao shwartz- they have a TON of cool floor displays, most things are not wrapped in boxes, plastic, etc so you can play with them right there, there are tons of different things to look at, they have a walk on piano keyboard...just lots and lots of fun.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Jan 24 2010, 2:59 pm
I think FOA Schwartz has more toys they can try out, but Toys R' Us has the ferris wheel and is in Times Square, which is exciting in itself.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 24 2010, 3:40 pm
Are you sure both are still in business?

you CAN buy at Toys R Us; they're a regular store, whereas FAO Schwartz is overpriced.

proud_mama

Post Sun, Jan 24 2010, 4:27 pm
I saw that FAO Schwarz was bought by Toys R Us, does anyone know if the store changed because of that? I've gone as a kid and had a blast, is it the same now?
Thanks for the replies.

manhattanmom

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 12:48 pm
proud_mama wrote:
I saw that FAO Schwarz was bought by Toys R Us, does anyone know if the store changed because of that? I've gone as a kid and had a blast, is it the same now?
Thanks for the replies.

FAO Schwarz is not the same as it was when you were a kid. There is no more big clock.
I'd stick with Toys R Us. The ferris wheel is fun and relatively inexpensive and there are some nice displays too--the lego part and the M and Ms part. And the store is more affordable in general. Walking in Times Square is more fun for kids!...And a must if you have limited times to expose your kids to the big city!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries