Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Convection/microwave combo

Chanie

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 8:00 pm
Anyone has a convection/microwave combo ? Does the convection oven work like a regular one (I read on line that you can use the 2 settings at the same time, but if you are using just the convection mode, I'd like to know if you can use regular metal bakeware)
Also, what results are people getting on their countertop convection ovens?

red sea

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 10:04 pm
I have a combo and it works great just like a regular oven, I've done lots of cookies and pizza in there and theres no difference. You can use metal stuff on convection only.

shopaholic

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 3:44 pm
I just bought one for milchig. It's amazing. I was unsure b4 I bought it. Mine is GE & I take out the 2 racks if I want to use the microwave setting. For the oven, you can leave in the microwave turntable.

Chanie

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 5:14 pm
momof3 - you happy with the GE? The one I'm looking at in a GE as well.

shopaholic

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 10:25 pm
So far so good. I've made pizza, lasagna. Making cheescake tomorrow. It's very good. But I can't use it on Yom Tov because the light will go on when I open the door. Plus, there's no setting to delay the start time or shut it off. For 1 day a year, I'll use sternos (sp?)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen