Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Feeling Attacked

dolphin

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 9:06 pm
People, the point of these forums is that we should be able to express ourselves. So, let's stop being sensitive and realize that there are all kinds of people in this world. Some are nice and some are not so nice and when the not so nice people express themselves it comes out sounding like an attact. We should not take is personally and remember "If you can't beat 'em join 'em"!

kitov

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 9:14 pm
Thumbs Up

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 10:48 pm
huh ?!?!?! Shooting Arrow

Yocheved84

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 10:52 pm
greenfire wrote:

I think this may be in reference to yesterday's fiasco...

Hodu Lashem

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 11:28 pm
dolphin wrote:
People, the point of these forums is that we should be able to express ourselves. So, let's stop being sensitive and realize that there are all kinds of people in this world. Some are nice and some are not so nice and when the not so nice people express themselves it comes out sounding like an attact. We should not take is personally and remember "If you can't beat 'em join 'em"!

I agree that pple should try not be sensitive and take unintended insult personally. However, it is very easy to say to this to others when it is not you who is the one being attacked. Idea

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 1:00 am
I know I'm guilty of sometimes coming across too strong. I try to write my posts differently, but it is really hard to see my expressions or know the tone of voice. I always worry that others feel attacked when it is entirely not that way.

The ills of message boards.

dolphin

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 7:20 pm
Hodu Lashem wrote:
dolphin wrote:

I agree that pple should try not be sensitive and take unintended insult personally. However, it is very easy to say to this to others when it is not you who is the one being attacked. Idea

I did write something about not yelling at your children in public and I was majorly attacked so I do know what it is like to feel attacked!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Exploding anger Mad

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 8:33 pm
Yocheved84 wrote:
greenfire wrote:

hm ... I think there were several - seems to be the norm around here What

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 10:38 pm
dolphin wrote:
Hodu Lashem wrote:
dolphin wrote:

I did write something about not yelling at your children in public and I was majorly attacked so I do know what it is like to feel attacked!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Exploding anger Mad
Sweetie, I think it was an attack on (almost) every Jewish mother.

reachout

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 12:00 am
dolphin wrote:

Interesting post, dolphin... Banging head

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 9:51 am
Is this about your weird vent about yelling?

bubby

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 12:40 pm
Yocheved84 wrote:
greenfire wrote:

Which one?

chavamom

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 12:42 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Is this about your weird vent about yelling?
Rolling Laughter

Merrymom

Post Sun, Jan 31 2010, 2:06 pm
You can disagree but there's a way of wording things. You're not talking to your sisters here, people don't know you and you have to take that into consideration. Take a few seconds and be a little thoughtful, use the preview option and you'll save yourself alot of embarassment and momentary insanity. I know, I've been guilty of these things myself.

racheleezzy

Post Sun, Jan 31 2010, 3:48 pm
No one says you have to agree with everything on this site... thats the beauty of this site you can write your opinions and give advice... but theres a way of writing things that is still respectful to the poster and others who have responded....Language is a tricky thing and sometimes when writing it might come off a different way then you intended. Just preview everything you write. Like I said you dont have to agree, all opinions are welcome but be respectful about it....

qtpie

Post Sun, Jan 31 2010, 5:23 pm
racheleezzy wrote:
No one says you have to agree with everything on this site... thats the beauty of this site you can write your opinions and give advice... but theres a way of writing things that is still respectful to the poster and others who have responded....Language is a tricky thing and sometimes when writing it might come off a different way then you intended. Just preview everything you write. Like I said you dont have to agree, all opinions are welcome but be respectful about it....

Thumbs Up
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics