Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Voice therapy?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 4:01 pm
My son needs voice therapy- he is five. He already has a speech therapist but I think voice therapy is a specialty. Anybody know how I go about finding one? I live in Brooklyn.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 11:58 pm
Your speech therapist should be able to direct you.

pina colada

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 9:29 am
simeon blitman in boro park, I am not sure if he accepts insurance or board of ed
he's on 45th street between 14 and 15th ave.

pm me if you're interested and need his phone number, will try to get it for you

amother

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 10:00 am
Depends on insurance. The ear and eye place in manhattan has excellent voice therapy, y'go for like eight sessions with homeowrk in between. I think it's called the ny eye and ear infirmary.l They accept most insurances and medicaid. If you can get to Amy Liebowitz, I know her personally and she does good work, but the others are jsut as good, so long as they make your child feel comfy and you see progress.

Sleep

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 11:41 pm
I second Simeon Blitman. I am a speech therapist and have treated some voice disorders, but I will say that it is a specialty, and an area many speech speech therapists are uncomfortable treating. Simion Blitman has specialized in voice disorders for many years and many speech therapists attend his lectures and follow his advice in these areas. I highly recommend him!

avimom

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 10:38 pm
I'd l;ike to bump up this thread. DS needs voice therapy too and Simi Blitman, though I'd love to use him, is out of my price range (he doesnt take insurance). I'd love to find out abou the eye and ear infirmary if the amother above or anyone else knows anything... Thanks!!

STovah

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 9:36 am
Linda Carroll in NYC is very good and takes insurance.

avimom

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 10:17 am
thanks! does she work well with kids? I particularly am looking for someone who specializes in voice and who is great with kids. Do you have a number for her??

STovah

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 10:23 am
I used her for voice therapy, and she showed me some of the materials she uses with children, so I'm pretty sure she works with kids too. I think her clientele consists mostly of professional singers, and she used to work at the Mt. Sinai laryngology (sp?) practice. Her phone number is 212-459-2585. If you call her, get some references (if she can give) since I don't know firsthand how she works with kids.

avimom

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 7:23 pm
thanks for the info! anyone use the NYU voice therapy center??
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics