Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Just found Bed Bugs in my sons crib!!! Im kinda goin crazy!!

amother

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 2:38 pm
We live in an apartment building and have had this issue before in our bedroom and have taken care of it as soon as we found out. We have NEVER found them in the kids room before!! I had my cleaning lady over today and after she changed the sheets in my kids cribs she calmly called me over to show me what she had found.

She found black dots on the corners of my sons bumper set!!! We started taking them off the crib when she found 2 live big bugs walking on the ties!! I am am so grossed out and feel so bad for my poor baby!! Who knows how long hes been sleeping with this for!! I am also assuming that it has to be in my daughters crib as well since they sleep in the same room!!! Its also gotta be in my room too as the kids come into our beds in the morning when they wake up!!!

The building we live in knows that they have major issues with bed bugs!! I already spoke to the super of the building and told him this must get taken care of today!!!

Where do I start????? I know that once the exterminator tells me he is coming I will strip all the linen in the kids room and was ALL their clothes from their closets and drawers!! Since we do not have a washing machine this is going to be a total nightmare!!! Where are my kids gonna sleep now if they spray up their room with chemicals aren't the chemicals dangerous for kids????

I need some helpful tips and lots of encouragement to help me get through this!!!!

TIA!!

Bedbugcommunity

Post Sun, Feb 28 2010, 4:29 am
I am so sorry to hear about this. Bed bugs are truly a nightmare.

You've already started by telling your super and getting an exterminator to come in.

Unfortunately, everything will have to be washed somewhere, and make sure to use high heat and not bring things back into the contaminated setting.

Also, you can buy bed bug free crib mattress covers online, so that is definitely a good thing for any mother to have. There is TONS of bed bug proofing information on bed bug free crib mattress covers.

Also, I found lots of info and coupons at Bedbug.com so you can try looking there. Hatzlacha Raba!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics