Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
AMAZING Sweet Potato Kugel
Previous  1  2  3  Next

bubble gum

Post Fri, Aug 12 2011, 1:39 pm
I would like to try this recipe, but I was wondering one thing. If I bake this in a disposable pan, will it cut into nice pieces and come out of the pan nicely? Or is it more mushy and I should make it in an oven-to-table dish? Thanks.

elmos

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 4:36 pm
does this work with canned sweet potatos

peppermint

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 6:46 pm
does this kugel freeze well?

gryp

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 7:43 pm
Anybody have a sweet potato pie recipe with no eggs?

peppermint

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 8:04 pm
gryp wrote:
Anybody have a sweet potato pie recipe with no eggs?

check out the last post by Motek on a thread that you started LOL
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....otato

gryp

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 9:46 pm
Thanks, peppermint!

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Dec 06 2011, 6:11 pm
Does anyone have a recipe for sweetpotato kugel that is more savory/no sugar-added AND does not require cooking sweetpotato first? Can I just grate raw sweetpotato and follow the recipe for potato kugel?

sarachana

Post Tue, Dec 06 2011, 7:32 pm
Mrs Bissli wrote:
Does anyone have a recipe for sweetpotato kugel that is more savory/no sugar-added AND does not require cooking sweetpotato first? Can I just grate raw sweetpotato and follow the recipe for potato kugel?

I never heard of it, but it sounds like it could be very good, YOu could put the potatoes in a food processor with a metal blade and pulse till its smoothish and then add eggs, vanilla, salt, oil, cinamon!!!, and a little soy milk and a little flour and bake. It should be good! But to get it sweeter with out sugar, you bake the sweet potatoes on the bottom rack of the oven till VERY soft, peel and mash and add other ingredients. soooooooo sweet and delicious.

op your recipe looks like it could be a desert! Very Happy

Dini20

Post Tue, Dec 06 2011, 9:04 pm
My sis made sweet potato kugel like potato kugel. I didn't taste it but she said it was great.

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 5:03 pm
So I made a sweet potato kugel, exactly like the regular potato kugel this past shabbat--and it came out really great, guests and DH really enjoyed it.

I basically substituted grated potato and sweet potato (uncooked, peeled) 1:1, added eggs, oil, as well as a bit of latkes mix (to thicken the batter a bit) and grated onion. Since I wanted more savoury than sweet, I didn't add any sugar, vanilla, cinnamon.

Mevater

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:51 pm
slushiemom wrote:
My friend gave me the following recipe, I made it this past shabbos and it was a huge hit at both meals:

5 medium size sweet potatoes, cook, drain and cool.

1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup of soy milk
3/4-1 cup of flour

combine all together in food processor. I add a bit more cinnamon and vanilla than recipe

.....!

Has anyone tried to adapt this recipe for Pesach? I cant find anything here w sweet potatoes for Pesach thats described as amazing.

bamamama

Post Thu, Apr 12 2012, 2:01 pm
Mevater wrote:
slushiemom wrote:
My friend gave me the following recipe, I made it this past shabbos and it was a huge hit at both meals:

5 medium size sweet potatoes, cook, drain and cool.

1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup of soy milk
3/4-1 cup of flour

combine all together in food processor. I add a bit more cinnamon and vanilla than recipe

.....!

Has anyone tried to adapt this recipe for Pesach? I cant find anything here w sweet potatoes for Pesach thats described as amazing.

I did and my kids couldn'g get enough of it. I left out the vanilla and soymilk. I used 3/4 c. matzah meal instead of flour and to replace the liquid I used a Tbsp of lemon juice and some water (I would've used OJ if I'd had it on hand). For the topping, I used 1 c. potato starch with a pinch of salt instead of the flour. I added oil until I could make it crumbly then I added a few tsp of water to make the crumblies stick a little more. Then I copied the whole adjusted recipe into my Pesach cookbook so I have it for next year!!!

estyk

Post Thu, May 30 2013, 3:12 am
I know this is an old post, but I wanted to try this recipe. I am not sure what size pan this is for - is this for a 9x13?

slushiemom

Post Thu, May 30 2013, 3:20 am
yes. enjoy!

estyk

Post Thu, May 30 2013, 3:24 am
Excellent - thank you for the quick reply!

yummy2smiles

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 11:04 am
Do I peel sweet potatoes before or after cooking?

slushiemom

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 11:32 am
yummy2smiles wrote:
Do I peel sweet potatoes before or after cooking?

before. enjoy!!

blueberrypie

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 2:36 pm
Just an idea...when I make sweet potato kugel, I bake the sweet potatoes instead of boiling them. It takes longer, but then u can scoop out the sweet potato very easily (instead of peeling) and more importantly, they become extremely sweet so you can use much less sugar (otherwise the recipe sounds really good, thanks for posting)

coconutbutter

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 3:13 am
Does this freeze well? Trying to get head start on RH cooking...

yummy2smiles

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 2:22 pm
Made this last shabbos- Sooooo good! Everyone loved it. My husband requests that I make it again this shabbos but we're a small group this week and won't finish the whole thing- does anyone knOW if this would still be good halved or if I freeze the second half?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes